Again (Edric/bit of Goldric)

Start from the beginning

He rose from the vanity seat, loping toward his bed and allowing himself to fall face-first into his pillow. Now, he could allow himself to rest.

-

Edric currently sat at a table in the library, boredly watching a show on the crystal ball in front of him. He was waiting for his boyfriend, Hunter, to arrive.

Of course, Edric wore his concealment stone. He really didn't need anyone asking about the bandages on his wrist. He definitely didn't need Emira asking. She knew of his nasty habit.

He let out a heavy sigh as he logged off of the crystal ball, rising from the seat he sat in and wandering to the front of the library. He had been waiting for over and hour- had Hunter forgotten about their date?

It wouldn't be the first time Edric's been stood up, at least.

But, as if on cue, Hunter pushed open the library door- hitting Eric square in the face. "Ouch! – Hun, you can't just throw doors open like that- "Edric chuckled, watching his boyfriend's face turn to one of surprise to worry.

"Sorry, Ed- I didn't mean to be late! Are you okay?" Hunter hurriedly asked, grabbing his boyfriend's face and examining for any injuries.

Edric rolled his eyes, a smile creeping on his face as a soft pink dusted his cheeks. "I'm fine, Hunnie."

Hunter huffed, a bright red spreading across his face at the newfound nickname. He let go of his boyfriend's face, "Good."

Edric chuckled, leaving a gentle kiss on the blonde's cheek, "Why are you this late though?"

Hunter gently took the taller male's hand in his, "I got caught up helping Luz with her human realm homework."

Edric nodded, gently squeezing Hunter's hand that held his. "I've seen her homework before. It looks really confusing."

Hunter chuckled, gazing lovingly at his boyfriend. He had grown to really adore every minor detail on Edric's face. With or without the concealment stone. In fact- he had noticed that Ed was wearing his concealment stone today. "Hey, Eddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you wearing your bracelet?" He asked, noticing the slight shift in Edric's expression. "I mean, you look handsome either way- but you normally wear it after being stressed."

Edric shrugged, hoping his theatre skills were hiding the panic he felt. "I just didn't want to go through all the effort of changing out of my pajamas." He murmured, nervously itching at his neck.

Hunter huffed, gently grabbing Edric's wrist and pulling it away from his neck, only to notice the feeling of bandages. His eyes widened, his expression filling with worry as he fixed his gaze back onto Edric's face, finding that his boyfriend was now looking away.

Hunter slowly took in a deep breath, gently taking both of Edric's hands in his, "Let's talk somewhere more private." He whispered, keeping his tone gentle so he didn't upset his boyfriend.

Edric's gaze moved to the ground as he silent replied with a simple nod. He was afraid that if he spoke, he wouldn't last long before breaking down.

Hunter placed a gentle kiss on Edric's hand before he led him out of the library. He began to lead Edric through the woods, keeping his boyfriend close to him. He knew a good area where they would be alone to talk about this.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, they entered a clearing in the woods. There was a pond along the edge, which the water was boiling, obviously. They were on the Boiling Isles. There was a log near the pond. Hunter led Edric over to the log, sitting down with his gaze fixated on the pond.

Edric quietly sat beside him, fidgeting with his concealment stone. He knew that Hunter was worried- but he really didn't want to answer questions about his... problem.

After a moment of silence, Hunter slowly let out a soft sigh, his gaze shifting back to Edric. "Can I see how bad it is?"

Edric nervously shifted, forcing himself to make eye contact with his blonde boyfriend. "I- I, uh... I guess so." He sputtered out, shrinking down slightly as he removed his concealment stone, causing a puff of blue smoke to appear and just as quickly disappear, revealing Edric still wearing his pajamas, his hair a mess.

Hunter gently took hold of Edric's hand, carefully undoing the bandages around his wrist. His ears flattened into his hair as he examined the wounds, which had started to scab. He slowly took in a deep breath, carefully exhaling before planting several gentle kisses on Edric's wounds.

Edric took in a sharp breath, tears stinging his eyes. He felt horrible- he didn't want Hunter to worry about him doing this- "I-I'm sorry- I'm so sorry-" He spat out, wiping away his tears with his free hand, "You shouldn't have to worry about me doing this- I-I shouldn't- I shouldn't have worried you-" He rambled on, only stopping when Hunter firmly placed his hands on Edric's shoulders.

"Eddie, slow down." He said, his tone still gentle and soft. "Take a deep breath."

Edric nodded slowly, doing as he was told, only struggling the first times he attempted to breath properly.

Hunter gently pulled the taller boy close, placing a soft kiss on his warm, pale cheek. "Do you want to tell me why you hurt yourself? Or, are you not ready?"

Edric let out a small whine, pressing his face into Hunter's shoulder. "I... I don't think I'm ready." He whispered after a quiet moment.

Hunter replied with a small nod as he began to run his hand through Edric's messy curls of emerald green hair, "That's okay. I just want you to promise me that you'll call me the next time you want to do this again."

Edric nodded, wrapping his long, lanky arms around the blonde and holding him close.

Hunter let out a small chuckle, placing a gentle kiss on Edric's forehead. "Let me know when you want to go home. I'll take you there."

Edric replied with a soft hum, a smile slowly spreading across his face. He loved his boyfriend.

-
-
Final word count- 1598
-
Look at me, writing angst. Anyhoo, lemme know if I made any mistakes!! I hope you enjoyed. Sleep well, stranger. Love ya <33