Chapter one

Joe

If you would have told me in the middle of my season I would become a father I would tell you that you're absolutely crazy. If you would have told me that I would be doing it on my own then I would have told you to go fuck yourself. However here I am a single dad with my daughter who is just under 3 years old.

You might be thinking Joe how did you end up in this situation well let me tell you exactly that.

-flashback-

Practice today was absolutely brutal the only thing I wanted to do was cuddle with my girlfriend and go to bed. However that whole night changed the moment I walked in the door. I saw her standing in the kitchen smiling at me making me confused "Why are you smiling at me like that?" I ask when she points to the table "Just look" she says.

I give her a look before walking over seeing two pregnancy tests and a baby onesie with the Bengals logo on the front. My jaw drops and I look at her "Are you serious??" I ask smiling and she nods. I start to tear up then wrap my arms around her "I can't believe I am going to be a dad" I laugh.

-End of flashback-

That was when I found out she was pregnant. I couldn't have been happier about the situation.

Practice had just ended and I was going to my parents, who watches my daughter Layla, when I am at practice. I will be totally honest with you if my parents weren't living close by I don't know how I would have done it with my daughter a lone. Getting out of the car I am just absolutely exhausted but I put on a smile and walk in the door "Mom! Dad!" I call out and walk in more.

I smile seeing my daughter with my mom in the living room "Who's that??" my mom asks Layla making her face light up "Daddy!" she says running up to me "Hi pumpkin" I say picking her up kissing her face "Were you good for Mom-Mom?" I ask and she nods with her big smile making my heart melt.

I kiss her head and set her down to continue playing as me and my mom sit in the dining room "You hungry?" she asks getting me a plate of left over dinner "A bit" I say watching Layla in her own little world. My mom soon comes back handing me a plate "So how was practice?" she also sitting down.

I shrug "Brutal honestly, we're getting ready for our first regular season game so" I say taking a bite of my food. She nods "Have you found anyone since..." she asks making me sigh. She always asks this question "No mom I haven't" I said and she shakes her head "You need to it's been a while since you've been out there Joe" she says.

Which isn't a total lie, I just haven't had time to do so between football and my daughter. Every time she brings this up I think of when Layla's mom left.

-flashback-

I came home from an away game. Layla must have been asleep already because she wasn't coming up running to me like normal. So I called out "Babe? I'm home" walking up to the bedroom. I walk in the room seeing a note on her pillow confusing me. So I grab it and read it.

'Joe,
I am so sorry to do this but I can't stay. I can't give up my life to be a mom. So I am leaving. Please let her know her mom loves her so much!

xo'

I felt my heart drop I grabbed my phone trying to call her but every time the machine would say the number is no longer valid. I take a seat on the bed looking straight a head not know what to do. How can she just give up being a mother?

I got up and walked into Layla's room. She was peacefully sleeping but I just picked her up and held her. I couldn't help my tears "It's ok baby we are going to get through this together".

-end of flashback-

I shake my head when I get a notification from Ja'Marr texting in our group chat.

Marr 🏈
Yo did you guys hear we're getting a new athletic trainer! Here's her insta! she is beautiful!
sammy.ash

I click on her account and Ja'Marr isn't lying she is absolutely beautiful, so I decide to follow her.

Samantha

I just got the call that I have made it as The Cincinnati Bengals athletic trainer. I was trying so hard to contain my excitement. However what I wasn't expecting was the notification I just got.

joeyb_9 has requested to follow you

I literally screamed and called my best friend Hannah. The moment she answered I screamed again "Woahh Sammy what is happening?" she asks and I just can't stop "Guess who is the Cincinnati Bengals newest Athletic Trainer??" I say and now it's her turn to scream "Omg! Sammy I am so SO proud of you!" she says making me smile.

I get out of my car walking to my apartment "And then get this! Guess who followed me!?" I ask unlocking the door. "I don't know who?" she asks genuinely confused "Joe Freaking Burrow!" I say dropping my keys in the bowl next to the door and take my shoes off "You're lying!" she screams again "I am not! What should I do? Should I follow him back?" I ask putting her on speaker grabbing my left over olive garden sticking it in the microwave to heat it up.

I pour myself a glass of wine as she says "Are you crazy!? Yes you should follow back!" making me roll my eyes "Fine I will" I say doing so "And done" I squeal so happy. Hannah laughs "Sammy I am so happy for you! Imagine you and Joe start dating" she says making me again roll my eyes "That could never happen Hannah, I'm his athletic trainer" I say as the microwave goes off.

I grab my food and a fork "Alright fine but if you two get together I can't wait to make a speech about this at your wedding" she says making me laugh "Ok well I have to go because I need to eat dinner then go to bed because I start tomorrow so I will call you tomorrow afterwards" I say grabbing my phone and glass of wine as well and walk to my living room "Ok I love you honey" she says making me chuckle "I love you too" I say and then hanging up.

I put my phone down and grab my remote to put on some tv deciding to put on reruns of Jersey Shore. I can't help but think about tomorrow like what are the players going to be like? Will the team like that a girl is joining the athletic training team? As excited as I am I can't but help to feel nervous and more nerves adds on when I get a DM notification from none other then Joe Burrow.

joeyb_9: Hey! Congrats on becoming an athletic trainer! And welcome to the team!

-

A/N: Ok I know you're all thinking girl what the heck? But I have decided to start a NEW story because I have had this idea brewing all day!

I hope you all enjoy this story! Because I can't wait to get more out to you guys!

Love you all babes!