Chapter 2: Fireworks

Começar do início

He tells him once he comes to a pause. A G-troll holds the door stable while a worker welds the broken configurations. Desmond continues forward, then stops short in shock as he sees the pod is empty.

Dr. Desmond: "Where's the weapon?"

He demands, though there's anger in his voice, there's fear in his eyes.

Guardian: "Superboy"? He carried the intruders to the cloning chamber."

Dr. Desmond: "We have Genomorphs for that! Get the weapon back in its pod now!"

Guardian: "I don't see the harm in letting the kid stretch his legs."

Guardian is not trying to pick a fight with Desmond because he honestly doesn't understand the problem.

Dr. Desmond: "Don't you know?"

Desmond asks, raising a single eyebrow as the G-gnome on his shoulder horns begins to glow. Guardian's eyes go wide, but blank before they harden into a glare.

Guardian: "That clone belongs in a cage!"

He practically growls before storming off.
__________________________________________

Nathan: You wanna tell us what the deal is for attacking us?

Kid Flash: "Yeah. We free you, and you turn on us. How's that for grat-"

Aqualad: "Kid, please, be quiet now. I believe our friend was not in full control of his actions."

With the conversation gaining ground, Robin activates a lockpick in the pointer finger of his glove and begins to work on his restraint.

Superboy: "Wha- what if I... What if I wasn't?"

Kid Flash: "He can talk?"

Kid Flash questions shocked. Superboy's hand clenches into a fist again as he practically growls his words at Kid Flash.

Superboy: "Yes, he can."

The three look at Kid Flash, who looks rather confused back at them.

Kid Flash: "Not like I said, "it"."

Aqualad: "The Genomorph taught you telepathically."

Superboy: "They taught me much. I can read, write. I- I know the names of things."

Robin: "But have you seen them? Have they actually let you see the sky? Or the Sun?"

Superboy: "Images are implanted in my mind, but no. I have not seen them."

Aqualad: "Do you know what you are, who you are?"

Superboy: "I am the Superboy, a Genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the Superman, created to replace him should he perish... to destroy him should he turn from the Light."

Aqualad: "To be like Superman is a worthy aspiration, but, like Superman, you deserve a life of your own beyond that solar suit, beyond your pod, beyond Cadmus."

Aqualad tries to approach it calmly. Once those words leave Aqualad's mouth, Superboy gets angry.

Superboy: "I live because of Cadmus! It is my home!"

Nathan: "Your home is a test tube. We can show you the sun."

Kid Flash: [to Nathan] "Uh, pretty sure it's after midnight [to Superboy], but we can show you the moon."

Aqualad: "We can show you, introduce you to Superman."

Aqualad agrees with the young speedster, knowing how much that would mean to the teenaged clone before them. Superboy's eyes widen slightly at the prospect.