ExcitmentO

"Come on Eris! We're gonna miss it!"
" I know,I know! I'm on my way, Slow down a bit!"
The usually silent underground was busy, instead of the normal ery murmurs, people were creating conversations and spreading news about some adventurers getting caught. Old rundown buildings looming over the streets and never ending alleyways. Running around the city were these two kids, Eris, a 12 twelve year old girl whose long silky white hair hung to her feet. Drows see her as a princess, they almost worship her. Her parents, nobles, put her up on a pedestal like a trophy to show off to their peers. Rhys, a slightly taller boy, also 12 years old, was a commoner(generic,hahaha NPC) but was still liked among the people. They are best friends, they do everything together. They too, heard of some rumors of the adventurers who had snuck into the city a couple of days ago, search parties had been looking for them and there had been some obvious tension within the air. But as of a few hours ago there was news about them getting caught, there is to be a scheduled beheading soon. And these kids are not gonna miss it.

The heavy whispers of the people began as a crowd gathered around the platform. The mood of the city seemed lighter today, maybe because they haven't seen anything very exciting for a while.

"Eris, this way" Rhys whispered as he grabbed Her hand.

Rhys guided Eris toward an opening in the crowd, slipping through the sea of drow towards the front.
A dark, looming figure stood atop of the stage, intimidating the mass of people. Misty purple lights illuminating the stage for all to see.

" how are you feeling?" asked Rhys
"I don't know, excited? This is crazy!" uttered Eris
" I know right!? I wonder what these people look
like"

A man appeared on the stage, wearing clean and shiny fancy clothes, Eris recognized the man from parties hosted at her home. He is a leader in the patrol groups, with this weird sense of theater, he always makes things creepy.

"Welcome Everyone" a loud voice said " You're all here to witness some fun! These adventurers, as they call themselves, were caught earlier today and are now here because of their invasion... They started fires! Killed some of our own, and now, we present to you, a beheading!"

The hoard of drow erupts with cheers.
As the floorboards creaked, five figures appeared onto the stage, escorted by some prison guards.
First up is a dragonborn, reddish- orange scales, very broad shoulders. He wears a dark green cloak and very basic clothes , He probably had tons of armor but had been stripped of it.

Second came an elf, a high elf, she has long beautiful silky hair, fair pale skin. Eris slightly envy's it. There are what looks to be two humans, one with long ,curly, bright orange hair and fair skin.

"You don't see that everyday" a man had whispered behind them

The other must be male, he had dark tanned skin with short stubby brown hair, slightly taller than the other human but you couldn't really make out any other features of them from where the kids stood.

One more adventurer is brought onto the stage, he has long white hair, sinking ears, and darker skin. Attached to his hip is a drum, small, round, tied with a bunch of red strings. He looks mostly like the rest of the crowd, but more like a washed out version.
Throughout the showing the people were booing or making a commotion seeing these monsters enter into the light,but as soon as the half-drow looking man became visible a very noticeable shift arised.

____________________________________

Im putting the story out in a few paragraphs at a time. Just so i don't get confused lmao, oh and i know the name of my characters is Varis but those who don't really know , elves have "kid"names and "adult"names, so eris was varis's child name 😁