27 : i can't stop loving you

Start from the beginning

"make sure to be extra bitchy in your review ma'am~!" he laughed and shook his head, getting such customers weren't out of the blue but he had never behaved this cold to them before. however today he just couldn't keep his cool. it was only natural after what happened with taehyung last night.

throughout the day, jungkook struggled to control his thoughts and emotions. he found himself constantly losing focus and being consumed by negative feelings. he didn't know why but he had a bad feeling about last night. he was anxious and worried for taehyung - taehyung didn't look all right.

what was going through his head? jungkook wanted to know. but at the same time, he was scared to know his thoughts. he didn't want to lose taehyung, after coming so far taehyung can't push him away again.

especially when taehyung confessed he loves him.

this just can't happen - jungkook won't let it happen.

bringing out his phone, jungkook decided to text taehyung.

『 hyung, can we talk?』

jungkook rested his back against the wall and let out a deep sigh, pressing his phone against his forehead, he waited patiently.

an hour passed, then two and then three. still there was no reply.

it was closing time and jungkook checked again just in case his eyes were playing tricks on him.

still no reply.

the fact that taehyung, who was always quick with his replies, had not responded the whole day, worried him. they had previously conversed frequently through text messages and taehyung's eagerness was always evident in his messages. however, now there was no response from the same enthusiastic taehyung.

something was definitely wrong.

however, jungkook decided to give taehyung some time. he knew taehyung was feeling guilty, he shouldn't forget the brunette was still married and bogum was presented in the room. he should have realized the consequences of his actions sooner. perhaps they both had lost it in the heat of time but obviously taehyung was going to think about it later and regret it.

jungkook should remember, in the end, he was just an affair.

but that won't stop him from loving taehyung and making him his. he just needs to give the brunette some time and they'll be fine. they have been fine all this time so why would anything go wrong now?

as jungkook was locking the front door of the shop, he felt a vibration in his pocket. quickly retrieving his phone, he couldn't help but grin at the sight of taehyung's message. without delay, he began to read and respond to his text.

my love ❤:
yes, let's talk tomorrow.
can i come to your place?

sure! when do you want to come hyung?

my love ❤:
my shift ends at 4 tomorrow.
so right after that

alright! i'm excited to see you! :)
seen

jungkook's eyes were fixed on his phone screen, a sense of unease gnawing at him as he scrolled through the conversation but he decided to not dwell on that. he was excited to see taehyung tomorrow.

at first, jungkook was afraid that taehyung would refuse to talk to him and distance himself after his bold move the previous night but it seems like that won't happen. probably the brunette will scold him to do such a daring thing but jungkook has already planned to take care of that.

now that he thinks, he doesn't even know why he was so worried. taehyung doesn't even have any feelings left for bogum, not after how the male abused and mistreated him. all his efforts can't go to waste just because they had sex in the presence of that abusive man who deserves to be cheated on.

they will be fine. jungkook tells himself.

but he should have known,

their love rested upon a fragile foundation akin to a house of cards, poised to crumble at the slightest breeze.

━━━━━━━━

this chapter was comparatively boring and short ik. dw next chapter is going to compensate for allat ;)

 dw next chapter is going to compensate for allat ;)