i just don't know who.

♡˗ˏ🍰໒

"tomorrow's the day?!" sunwoo exclaimed very loudly that i winced by how loud he's being. he's so close but why does he have to yell out as if i'm across the room when he's literally sitting right beside me?

i nod my head very slowly as i scowl at him for being such a loud person. he has a hand over his mouth in shock and i just shrug it off with no worry. his shock doesn't last long as he recollects himself and straightens his posture. "who're you gonna pick?" sunwoo asks, more calmly.

i thought of it for a moment.

who am i gonna pick? well i don't have much choices, do i?

everyone in school finds me annoying and i doubt any of the males would want to date me knowing how much i've been a jerk to them, but do i care about that? no. i just want to get this over with so my mother would stop asking me who the hell i'm going out with. she's not curious, she just wants to see me with a perfect someone who wouldn't ruin my image she has for the family.

what a load of shit.

i hate this.

i glance at sunwoo, and i find him already staring at me while chewing his food more slowly now. i must've stared for too long as he's the first to speak rather than me. "what is it..?" he wonders, his voice coming out faint and i can hear a hint of nervousness.

i click my tongue as my eyes wander around the cafeteria, taking in all the people in it.

someone who doesn't care about anything...someone who's quite and doesn't ask questions...or...someone who asks too much questions...and that is even more annoying than i am. someone talkative or someone quite. who would that be?

before i know it, i'm standing up and my feet are moving without my brain knowing where i'm going.

"hey! hey! where are you going?! you can't just leave─! ugh!!" sunwoo is in the background now, and nothing feels like myself as i can't say anything to him but run to who knows where.

i find myself in a classroom. no one is around but just one boy who is playing games on his phone very competitive. i slowly walk over towards him, taking a seat on a random desk in front of him. he looks up from his phone for a split moment before he casts them down back to the game he's currently playing.

"is there something you need..?" he asks, his tone very so sweet that it's hard not to notice how much of a kind person he is.

"yes." i answered, and i don't feel any nervousness around me as i know i am meant not to feel any. someone like me shouldn't feel nervous about anything, i am the most annoying jerk in the school, why should i feel nervous and excitement for something? i don't really deserve to. i'm just the annoying side character who everyone hates for such things he does.

i need to remind myself that i don't care.

i shake the thoughts away and the boy across from me finally sets his phone down, his attention all on me now.

"can you fake date me?" i abruptly ask, not caring if it's not the right moment to. it's not like i have time to convince him to date me.

his eyebrows raised in amusement, probably taken aback. i wait, hoping but also not hoping for him to agree to this.

but then he asks me why, and i don't have the energy to explain everything to him, and i'm sure the whole "soulmate" topic would scare him out so i only respond with, "never mind," and i turn to leave. he doesn't reach out for me, and he doesn't look as if he cares either, i have a feeling he was already going to answer a no if i were to wait. thank god i left before.