Chapter 2: You Can Lean On Me

Start from the beginning

If being here causes more trouble than it's worth, you're more than happy to simply cherish the lasting memories they've given you and just enjoy the concert tonight knowing things about the boys no other Stay does. It would be more than enough.

You glance at Chan hoping you didn't hurt his feelings but you watch as he simply takes the pass the manager hands to him with a smile that says "yeah manager, I'm sure".

He graces you with that same smile and the knot that had been forming in your stomach uncoils instantly. How Chan does that, you truly don't know but you're thankful for his bright light in your life. Even when it was previously at a distance.

Chan hands the pass off to you and then runs off with a wink. Presumably backstage to finally get ready for the show. Which leaves you with his horribly distracting manager. Part of you feels guilty, almost like you're cheating on the boys by getting flustered because of anyone else, but you can't help it.

The manager extends a hand out to you. "It's a surprise but it's nice to meet you, y/n. I'm Nim." You take his hand and shake it, returning his now comforting smile. He turns to walk and you do the same, assuming you're meant to follow.

"Now," he says, "I have last minute checks to run but I'll drop you off with our other guests. Did the boys explain this is a closed practice?" You nod and he tilts his head. "Did they explain why?"

You shake your head at that and manager Nim smiles but you simply lower your gaze to the floor as you walk. "They only said that it's important I don't talk about, photograph, post, or share whatever I see or hear while I'm here."

You unclasp your crossbody bag, unzip it, and offer it to him. "I don't have my phone with me, but please look through my bag. I don't want to hurt anyone accidentally." You pause for a second. "Honestly, you can take it if you need to, but all I ask is that you let me keep my chapstick. I can't live without that."

You chuckle nervously, trying to stop yourself from rambling.

If you thought Chan was surprised when you gave him your phone, it's nothing compared to the wide-eyed look manager Nim responds with. He blinks at you a few times before shaking himself out of it and smiling at you. A smile that you can tell is absolutely genuine.

"No, you keep it." He leans forward to look through your bag, and you can tell he's doing his best to be respectful but also trying to do his duty and ensure the kids' safety. Not that you mind at all. You know he's just doing his job and you're just happy to know the boys are in good hands.

It takes all but a few seconds before he leans back and bows his head in gratitude. Then he continues walking through the bustling crowd of workers and you follow him until the room opens up to the main arena with rows and rows of seating all surrounding the main stage.

You have to stifle a gasp but you hear manager Nim silently chuckle next to you. It may look drastically different when there aren't thousands of fans filling the seats but it doesn't make it any less awe-inducing.

"I very much appreciate you being so understanding and forthcoming," manager Nim says, pulling your attention back to him.

You simply smile, still taking in the sheer size of the stage and the venue. "Of course, Mister..."

"Please, just Nim." You rub at your neck sheepishly but you nod nonetheless and you both laugh as you finally make it to where what looks like two older men sit in the front row seats by the stage.

"Now," he says and just as you think he's going to leave you to fend for yourself, he walks up to the men and offers a hand to each of them in turn. "We've already met, but I wanted to introduce another guest. She'll be joining you both for the soundcheck if that's okay. Ryan. Hugh. This is y/n."