02

hidden motives

hidden motives

tension in the room rises, the space suddenly suffocating at Kafkas absurd request.

a destination alteration?

even more confused then before, you wonder if there's a catch to this.

why would she want us to go somewhere else? what is she really after?

Himeko, seemingly unfazed by Kafkas words, prods at the guest who has intruded the train.

"i've seen your face before, Stellaron Hunter, even if it was only on a IPC wanted poster. they were offering quite the bounty... dead or alive. do you know the figure?"

her stern expression and voice something not common of the Astral Express navigator, who usually speaks with a soft tone. Kafka simply shakes her head.

"doesn't concern me. then again, a Corporation bounty is a compliment, not an insult, don't you think? the higher the figure, the bigger the compliment." she states in an amused tone.

March 7th, not quite understanding her thinking, makes a claim.

"you wanted criminals sure know how to look on the bright side of things..." you look over to her, suppressing a laugh. the muffled giggle did not escape the eye of a certain hunter, who has been watching you very discreetly.

after all, a hunter never let's their prey leave their sight.

Himeko glances at March 7th from the side of her eye, shaking her head before resuming her passive aggressiveness.

"...i will say, Herta certainly paid you all a compliment... "

at her words Kafkas turns to face Himeko, making her way over to regroup with the crew.

"..."a maniac that claims he can see destiny, leading a bunch of wild lunatics in pursuit of the most dangerous objects in the universe!"...and Herta doesn't give out compliments very often."

you simply look at Himeko with a blank stare, carefully watching Kafkas expression.

she sure knows how to aggravate someone. luckily, Kafka isn't here in person.

not once during this whole chat have you forgotten about the vision you saw in your sleep, trying to connect the dots. the woman in dreams face was blurred, but the rest of her wasn't. right now, her outfit is looking very similar to a certain Huntresses attire.