01

a change of direction

jolting awake, your eyes snap open and you sit upwards. a cold sweat breaking out on your body and your breath uneven. quickly scanning your surroundings, you see that you are still on the Astral Express, in your designated room. calming your breathing, a million questions flying through your head.

what was that all about? what was that place? why did it feel so real? who.. was that woman?

with unanswered questions still in your head, a knock at the door makes you jump. cocking your head towards the door, a cheerful voice resonates from behind it.

"Y/n! time to get up!"

you recognize the voice of your close friend, March 7th. her bubbly personality always unchanging. exhaling a sigh of relief you stand from your bed, stretching and hearing your joints pop, a satisfied groan leaving your lips as you answer your companion waiting for a response.

"yeah, yeah, i'm up. give me a minute to change."

hearing a small 'okay~' and footsteps receding, you take that as your cue to start getting ready. walking over to your wardrobe, you open the doors with a creak, scouring the contents in terms of finding what you want. after picking out your choice, you take it out and change into it.

taking a peak in the mirror before leaving, you look into it making sure nothing is out of place. after confirming it, you walk towards the door and open it.

"finally! took you long enough."

looking up, you find two people outside your door. March 7th who you expected, and Stelle, the newest recruit. giving a soft look, you walk out into the hall, shutting the door behind you with a click. turning on your heel to look at your companions, you greet them.

"good morning, March, Stelle."

March 7th flashing you a wide grin and waving enthusiastically, while Stelle resorts to a small smile and little wave. after the little greetings and asking how everyone was, March 7th quickly cuts to the chase.

"come on guys, let's not keep everyone waiting! today we are finding out our new destination!"

an excited expression makes it way onto all of your faces, turning to head to the main cabin, March 7th says one last thing.

"oh by the way..."

she looks over to Stelle, a smug look taking over her features.

"you drew the short straw Stelle, it's your turn to wash the coffee cups this week~"

shaking her head and letting out a small groan, Stelle puts her hand on her head. letting out a small laugh, you pat her back to reassure her.

"don't worry, i can help out if you want."