"Which you're all okay with?"

"Look, Cami, I'm no saint myself. It is spineless for me to hold a sin against him that I have already performed. He had his reasons for the things he did, whether they were justified or not, I feel like I am no one to speak on that matter."

Cami looked at her for a moment before releasing a sigh. "You're far better than him, Lucy. I have seen you empathetic. I don't believe he's capable of that."

"What are you onto, Cami?" Lucy's eyes skimmed the blonde. "I guess I know the answer to my question. You're converting your helplessness into hatred towards him."

"No," Cami turned away from her, "I am not doing anything like that."

"You're a specialist in emotions, Cami. You know this better than me. You're feeling helpless in front of centuries old creatures, and you're angry and bitter about the compulsion, so you're hating him, rightfully so, I must say, you have every right to, but it's no use voicing it to me with the motive of making me sway. And, as for me being empathetic, I assure you, the version you're seeing right now, being brutally honest with myself too, is not the real me. It's sad and broken. The real me is different, and not empathetic."

"It cannot be that bad. I see good in you. But, Klaus, you know how he is. . ." Cami trailed off, a slightly guilty look appearing onto her face. "He killed your friend."

"How do you even know all this?"

"Marcel. . ."

"Oh, Marcel, right." Lucy sighed. "I know he killed my friend and he is getting what he deserves for it."

"You'll forgive him inevitably."

"Well, so will Marcel. No matter if Davina returns or not."

"No, he won't."

"Yes, he will." Lucy said before sighing. "And I know I will too, someday. This break up will get blown up in the end."

"You guys broke up?"

"Yes." Lucy nodded, resting her forehead against the cool soda can. "It's been a messy few days-months, honestly. But I know I'll forgive him one day, no matter what."

"I'm not judging, but, frankly enough, the whole Miakelson family is messed up."

"I'm aware." Lucy sighed, before pulling away from the soda can and opening her small backpack. "May I show you what I came here for?"

"Yes, of course." Cami nodded. "I'm sorry I went on a different topic when you wished to talk about your visit to Mystic Falls yesterday."

"No, it's okay. You don't have to be that professional." Lucy laughed softly before she began opening a journal that she had procured from Mystic Falls.

Cami's eyes softened as she took in the various photographs depicting numerous places and monuments with only one thing in common : the mother and daughter duo.

"That's, um, my daughter, Brie." Lucy explained, her face strewn into a solemn smile. "She loved visiting new places and creating memories in the form of photographs. It's her journal."

"Wow, it's beautiful." Cami murmured, softly turning through the pages. "It is like the whole story of her life."

"She asked me one day for all her pictures that I clicked and then sat down to make this." Lucy explained, a soft smile reaching her eyes. "She got obsessed with the idea of visual journalising after one of her friends made a collection of stamps. She thought of a memory lane instead."

"She was a lovely child." Cami smiled at her softly. "Who did you name her after?"

"I. . . didn't name her, actually. Her birth parents did."