Chapter 2

(Mario's POV)

I woke up and yawned, knowing there was going to be a long day ahead of me. I got out of bed and hopped into my clothes, grabbed my cap and pulled open the door. A toad was gonna come running in 3, 2, 1-

"MARIOOO!!!" screamed the high-pitched voice of one of the red toads, "BOWSER-"

"Yes, I know, I know. I'm on-a my way..."

"NO NOT THAT, WORD'S GOTTEN ROUND THAT BOWSER'S STOPPED KIDNAPPING PRINCESS PEACH!"

"What? Why?"

"I DON'T KNOW, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER! THE PRINCESS IS HOSTING A PARTY LATER, WANNA COME?"

"Uh, I'll-a see."

"GREAT! BYE MARIO!"

I sighed, used to toads' loud, screechy voices greeting me every morning. But why would Bowser just give up like that? It wasn't like him. He only ever did something like this when he had a bigger plan behind it. I'd deal with that when I had to. I stepped outside and looked into my mailbox. There was a letter inside addressed to 'Red Plumber'. Hm. Probably Bowser. I opened the envelope, sat on my bed and began reading

D̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶i̶o̶,   Mario,

After many years, I have finally realised Princess Peach is not the one for me. Don't worry, she's all yours.

I stuck out my tongue. I only liked the princess as a friend, and she wasn't even my type. I continued reading.

It is time for me to find a new princess, and who's better with women than you? I can't believe I'm saying this - but I need your help. Meet me at my castle tonight at 5. AND I'D BETTER SEE YOU THERE.

The letter was signed off with a small, black stamp of Bowser's face in the bottom-right corner. I checked my clock. Nearly 8 AM. I had plenty of time. I got off my bed, put the letter in my drawer and went outside again, closing the door behind me. I was only doing it so Bowser would finally stop terrorizing Mushroom Kingdom - and, knowing him, he would probably hold toads captive or something if I didn't. I sighed and began walking to Luigi's house. I needed some advice for the da- was I just about to say date? I was definitely blushing but I shook it off. It's only a meet-up, nothing more. I pushed the thought away and continued walking, my hands in my overall pockets.