Chapter 32 : Keefe and Sophie POV

Start from the beginning

I saw her blonde hair swish as she walked down the hallway. 

"Wait Foster! Please! Wait!" I called out, her head turned and she looked at me, and for a moment I felt that she actually had butterflies. But that might just be me. 

She quickened her pace to get away from me. I ran to catch up with her.

SOPHIE POV

When I heard Ro's hail, I was studying for midterms, my concentration nearly unbroken but then I thought of the prospect of Keefe coming home, it being a distant possiblity.

 So I answered, and Ro was casually speaking so my hopes emptied. 

"Hey Blondie, how you goin?" She said casually.

"Good, any news?" I said hopefully.

"I mean not much blondie, but there is something..." She trailed off. 

I started to get excited "What?"

"Oh...it's really nothing."

"Ro..." I said warningly. "Please don't play with me right now." 

"Oh....if you insist. It's just....oh never mind." 

"RO" I yelled "TELL ME" 

"Fine okay blondie. It's just....Hunkyhair is kinda alive and well and resting in his room. But yeah... nothing much." She sighed almost in boredom.

"WHAT?!" I practically screeched

"Yep." Ro simply said. Popping her 'p'

I scrambled for my pathfinder and set it to Candleshade.  I looked to the forgotten study and sighed.

Never a good time to study anymore. Since you know? Saving the world is like....a small responsibility I need to live with now I guess. 

My heart thrummed steadily in my ears, blood coursing in my veins. I barely had time to register Ro's words before I leapt out of my room and called out to my parents subconciously telling them I was going to see a friend. 

I could hear the lack of belief in their voices as they called back but I didn't care. I couldn't hear anything besides the heavy drumming of my heart.

Keefe's potential return overshadowed everything else in that moment. As I leapt to Candleshadfe whilst remaining concentration my mind swirled with the almost impossibility of Keefe's return. 

How did he escape? What was happening? Is he ok?

The blonde blue eyed elf invaded her thoughts. 

My impatience grew as the leap seemed like it was taking millions of years. I practically stumbled once I could see Candleshade in my line of sight. 

As I approached the familiar house, a mix of emotions overwhelmed me. I, naturally started slamming on the door with my fists ends and called out 

"RO! OPEN UP!" I called desperately and impatiently. My fists slammed consecutively 6 times before I noticed a shift of movement in my peripheral.

I then noticed my friends surrounding me. 

"Oh....hey guys." I said sheepishly. 

Ro chose that moment to open up.

"Oh....hey guys." I said sheepishly.

Ro chose that moment to open up.

"Hey Miss Sparkles" She adressed Biana

"Mr Anger Issues" She nodded to Fitz

"Mr Moody" She adressed Tam

"Miss Water-Tricks"  To Linh