Chapter 108: This is unacceptable!

Start from the beginning

Therefore, no matter how you change, in this Princess's eyes, you are always the same."

"The same what?" 

Xiao Jin's heartbeat quickened again.

Chu Shao looked at the white veil covering Xiao Jin's eyes and smiled, "The same that pleases me."

After a moment of silence, Xiao Jin didn't answer.

She just pursed her lips into a line, feeling that although these words and flirtations were outdated, they were especially moving when spoken seriously by Chu Shao.

Chu Shao noticed Xiao Jin's discomfort and didn't say anything more.

She chuckled lightly and turned to serious matters, "Your Highness, this time you returned to the capital to inquire about the whereabouts of the Half-jade Seal. Since you have returned to the Prince Yan's Mansion, why didn't you go find Su Tan first?"

Xiao Jin had told Chu Shao about what Empress Ning had said, so she didn't hide anything and told her everything in detail.

After listening to Xiao Jin's words, Chu Shao frowned slightly and asked softly, "This is somewhat strange. Yao Country has already been destroyed. Apart from Su Fu, the son of the Marquis of Pingcheng, where else can Su Tan find distant relatives to investigate?"

Xiao Jin asked, "Does the Princess also think there is something unusual about this?"

Chu Shao nodded, "It is widely known that Su Tan and Su Fu are not on good terms. Why would Su Tan go to Xinyao to visit him?"

After hearing this, Xiao Jin frowned slightly, "How does the Princess know... that Su Tan is not on good terms with Su Fu?"

"This was well known in Yao Country before," Chu Shao answered naturally.

Xiao Jin vaguely felt that Chu Shao seemed to know Su Tan, but she didn't continue to ask for specific reasons, and said, "If it were in the past, I could send Bai Zhu to investigate. He is good at tracking and if he moves fast enough, he should be able to find out where Su Tan went."

"But he is injured now and should not carry out any tasks,"

Chu Shao smiled softly and said, "Your Highness can use General Ye."

Xiao Jin shook her head, "Aunt Zhao Yang has always been kind to Juege. If she is threatened with something in the future, she will also be in a difficult position." 

The implication was that she would not entrust this matter to Ye Juege.

Chu Shao's smile deepened, "If Your Highness can't find a suitable candidate, why not let me look for Su Tan?"

"What others can do, I can do too." Xiao Jin also knew that Chu Shao's abilities exceeded the original setting of the book.

But she still didn't want Chu Shao to get involved in these things.

What others can do, of course, Chu Shao can do too. She can even do it better.

But for her, Chu Shao is not someone else, not like anyone else.

So Xiao Jin said slowly, "I treat others as they treat me, just like the Princess treats me. The Princess has never regarded me as someone else, so I won't regard you as an outsider."

Chu Shao was slightly stunned, but just looked at Xiao Jin without speaking.

Xiao Jin couldn't see anything, so she couldn't make eye contact with Chu Shao. She just touched the armrest of the wheelchair and said, "Therefore, let outsiders handle this matter. Princess doesn't have to worry too much. I already have a plan in mind."