heartbreak + hurting

white horse ~ taylor swift

a couple of days passed, and nick hadn't said a single word to george. not ONE. which, as you could imagine, hurt george more than you could ever think. not even a hi. 

george had cried to clay multiple times, that was the only think keeping him going. clay was. and he was trying so so hard to keep george happy, and keep him from crying. 

but he couldn't help it. 

george sat on the couch, tears staining his cheeks, with a bowl of popcorn in his lap while the show euphoria played in the background. 

which probably wasn't the best choice, because he had started it with nick, so it just hurt him more, but it was definitely a distraction. 

but it got worse. 

nick walked out, he had obviously been crying, and he plopped down on the couch next to george. still no words. 

george burst into tears again. as he got up, nick pulled him back down. george made eye contact with the texan, and sniffled. 

nick pulled the crying boy into his arms and kissed his head. 

"i'm sorry," he whispered, before pressing one more kiss to his lips and walking off. 

george was stunned. 

nick had just kissed his lips, and just walked, away? he sat back on the couch in shock, completely confused about what happened. 

but there was nothing to be confused about. it is exactly what it was. 

nick just kissed george. 

and i mean, to say he was happy, was a lie. it wasn't a kiss of 'i love you', it was a kiss of pity. it was a kiss of 'i feel bad for you, so i'll kiss you.'

and george didn't know why. 

and he never did. he never asked, he never brought it up again, and he never thought about it again. 

because he knew nick had a boyfriend. 

and george knew he could never have nick.