worry + comfort

getaway car ~ taylor swift

george woke up in the middle of the night, weirdly... thirsty. 

so, he crawled out of bed after kissing clay's head. he slipped on a pair of slippers, grabbed his 'fancy cup' as he called it, and walked down the stairs. 

but halfway down the stairs, he heard, whimpering. 

but not, sexual whimpering, like, crying, whimpering. like someone had been crying for hours and couldn't cry anymore but had so much more to cry about. 

he walked in the kitchen, and saw nick cuddled up on the couch under a cozy blanket with tears staining his eyes. 

"nick?" 

"george?" 

george cautiously walked over to the couch where nick had been sitting, and sat down not too far, setting his cup down on the table beside them. 

"are you... okay?" george asked slowly, not wanting to say anything to make the boy mad. 

"oh um, yeah," he stumbled, "everything's okay, i just don't feel good," he replies. george knew that wasn't it, so he scooted closer. 

george did nothing but sit there, as nick launched himself on top of the brunette, before starting to bawl. 

george hugged back, rubbing the boy's back slowly, then soon snuggling his head atop nick's. they slowly began to get more comfortable with each other, snuggling closer and deeper in the couch. 

about an hour later, george looked down to see nick sleeping peacefully on his chest. he was so happy, this is what he had wanted, for years, he felt complete. 

so, he thought the only thing left that he could do that was respectful was to bring him back to karl. so he did. 

he carried the sleeping boy up to his room, where karl laid, worry painted all over his face. karl jumped up the second george walked through his door, the worry leaving immediately. 

"poor baby," karl cooed at his boyfriend, who was starting to stir, but he was still dead asleep. george smiled and handed the boy off to karl. 

"thanks george," karl whispered, laying back down with his boyfriend cuddled up in his arms. george smiled and nodded again, but this time it was a genuine smile. 

he walked back into clay's room, and snuggled back up to the sleeping blonde boy, set his water down, and almost immediately fell back asleep. 

he felt complete.