jealousy + tears

you were good to me ~ jeremy zucker

the things george felt for nick were just nothing more than love.

but nick had a boyfriend, and nick's boyfriend was george's best friend. karl. and i mean, yes they were adorable, and they were a cute couple, but george couldn't help but feel jealousy, because of how badly he wanted nick.

because everything about him was perfect.

he had the most perfect, soft, brown hair, his beautiful blue eyes, and the way his laugh just flowed throughout the whole room.

george's heart went absolutely insane anytime he went near nick. he wanted nothing more to curl up in his arms, while he played with george's soft brown hair.

and the way nick looked at karl made his heart hurt. the way he talked to karl was just completely perfect, and george wanted it.

george wanted him.

just the things nick did made george hurt, because he wanted them to himself. he didn't want them for karl, he wanted them for himself.

and sure, he was happy when karl and him first got together, but then it turned into sadness, and the sadness made him realize he was in love with nick.

deeply, in love with nick.

george sat alone, in his bedroom in the house he'd moved into two weeks ago. he was alone, too, he had nobody to talk to about this but his own thoughts.

he didn't want to tell clay, because clay would just spill it all to nick, which is the complete opposite of what he wanted.

and karl, god he obviously couldn't tell karl.

so therefore, he was alone. completely alone.

so he sat alone, in the soundproof room of the house he was given, crying his heart out for the third time today.

clay was onto him though, he suspected something was wrong, that something was going on. so he walked in on george in full tears.

"what's wrong george?" clay asked, calmly walking over to george.

george sniffled before pulling himself up back against the wall, pulling himself together. "i'm okay, just things," george said sniffling again.

clay sat next to george slowly, pulling the teary boy closer to him, comfortingly.

"can i know what's going on?"

george shook his head quickly. "well, you can know at least what it's about," george whispered, sniffling again.

"that's all i wanted to hear," he said back.

george began to explain. "well, there's a guy, and i love him a lot and i am so in love with him, but the thing is--- he has a boyfriend." george finished the end of his sentence, sounding defeated.

clay sat there, slightly shocked, "you're so in love with someone, you are crying about it? god, where's the george i know?" he smiled, nudging george's shoulder playfully.

george shook his head, and put his head on clay's shoulder.

"i love you buddy," clay laughed, rubbing george's shoulder gently. "love you too..." george said with a slight sniffle.

a couple hours of talking later, they both went downstairs for dinner. with nick and karl.

god this was gonna be bad.

facing nick was hard for george. imagine having to see the person you are so utterly and completely head-over-heels for every single day, but having to completely push away the feelings you feel for them, because their boyfriend is right there.

it hurts, a lot.

so he's distanced himself from nick quite a bit lately. nick hasn't really noticed much, or so george thought.

but despite george's troubles, they went down anyway.

but the second they get down there, nick asks him a question. the exact question he doesn't wanna hear.

"george, why have you been so distant lately?"