004: you could do it too

Começar do início

Rosalie tucked her hands into her hoodie pockets, internally planning out what she would say to Daryl when she reached him, because if she simply asked — she knew the answer would be an instant no. She would have to persuade him somehow, which she deemed practically impossible as Daryl wasn't the kind of man to easily give in to a young girl.

  She slowly approached the Dixon man, nodding to herself silently as she finalised her plan in her mind — fully well knowing that said plan wouldn't be used, "Daryl?" She asked, her voice loud enough for him to hear. He grunted in response, not bothering to look over at the young redhead beside him.

  "I wanna come with you," Rosalie stated, her voice stubborn and firm, although on the inside she was slightly scared of what was surrounding the prison gates and what she could encounter during the run.

  "Na'. It's far too dangerous, and ya not fully healed yet." Daryl replied, shaking his head at the young redhead, concerned for her safety, "Stay 'ere, where it's safe." He spoke up after a small pause, not wanting Rosalie to get hurt at all, because then it would be his fault.

  "I can do it! I know how to kill walkers, I can handle myself!" Rosalie argued with the long-haired brunette, determination in her eyes as he looked at her, pausing what he was doing with the car.

  "Ya know I can't let ya come." Daryl continued to shake his head, he knew she was more than capable of taking care of herself, but he didn't want to risk it. He liked the Thompson girl, he enjoyed being in her presence, which he couldn't say about many people, "It's dangerous out there, Rosalie. You die, it's my fault."

  "Then I won't die." Rosalie pressured, "I know it's dangerous but I know how to survive, I did it for like — a year on my own!" Daryl looked into her eyes, seeing the determination and stubbornness in them, but also the vulnerability beneath.

  Daryl sighed before giving in, "Fine." Rosalie's face lit up at his words, "But ya do as I say, no questions asked. Ya stay with me, and if I tell you to run — ya do it." Daryl said, his voice quiet as he looked down at the girl warningly.

  "Got it." Rosalie smiled, nodding towards the man, who raised his eyebrows as he fought the urge to give the young Thompson a small smile.

  AFTER ROSALIE GRABBED HER WEAPON holster that clipped onto her waist, along with her handgun, ammunition, and her switchblade from the drawers of her desk, she made her way back down to where Daryl and the others were waiting

  AFTER ROSALIE GRABBED HER WEAPON holster that clipped onto her waist, along with her handgun, ammunition, and her switchblade from the drawers of her desk, she made her way back down to where Daryl and the others were waiting. Rosalie knew she shouldn't be happy about going on a supply run, but it was the first one she was trusted to go on — and it was a huge responsibility that she had been trusted with.

  She hopped into the passenger seat of the car, looking over to Daryl with a smile on her face, "Where are we going?" She asked eagerly, a strange feeling of excitement and nervousness building up in her chest. Daryl didn't speak, only responding with a small grunt and a shrug. Rosalie anxiously tapped her finger against the handle of her switchblade, a habit she had picked up ever since the beginning, and it would drive both herself and the others around her mad.