🏘 Home Neighbors in: Beach day pt 1. ⛱️

Suggested by Nightingale56767

Scenario: It's a beach day with the neighbors.

Note: It's a bit of a headcanon and one-shot hybrid.

I had to break this up into two parts. Sorry about that!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alrighty neighbors! Keeper (name) should be here any minute!"

Barnaby called after checking his non-existent watch. He donned multicolored swim trunks, which was similar to his usual vest, but still kept his red hat on. "We all ready?"

Wally, wearing a short sleeved version of his usual blue cardigan and multicolored shorts similar, held a bag with a sketchbook and various pencils, crayons and colored pencils. He nodded, wearing his usual smile. "Yes."

Julie, donning a red-pink sundress with white trims and a sun hat, as well as a light-pink beach bag, filled with various beach toys. She raised her one hand cheerfully while holding a beachball in the other. "Yup!"

Frank, still donning his usual attire, only his sleeves where upto his elbows and pants legs were upto high, had a brown satchel, filled with various books, slung on one arm. He rose his hand, which had an umbrella in it, though it wasn't as enthusiastic. "Uh-huh."

Sally merely wore a white sundress with a pair of sunglasses resting on her head and a dark blue beach bag with a sun emblem on its side, filled her notebook and a pen and a camcorder. "Readyyyy!~"

Howdy had on a blue striped unisuit, which matched the color of his original blue shirt, and held two large coolers in the hands of his midarms and an umbrella in his upper arm. He saluted with his free hand. "Yes, sir!"

Eddie had a unisuit on similar to his usual work uniform, only the pants legs were knee high and his arms were completely exposed. He held an umbrella over his shoulder and put his hand on Frank's back. "Ready to go!"

Poppy wore a large sun hat with her usual orange shawl, checking through her large bag for the 10th time, making sure she had all her first aid supplies and extra bottles of sun screen. "Mm... yes! I think so!"

Julie jitters in plays, giggling excitedly as she started to prance around, chanting with a sing-song voice. "Beach day, beach day, it's time to have a beach da-"

"Julie, we know we're going, don't wear it out." Frank cut Julie's joyful singing off, but her excitement didn't waver in the slightest as she giggled, still jittering on the spot. "Sorry! But I'm just so excited for today! It's BEACH DAY!"

Frank flinched back as Julie threw her arms up at the loud proclamation, before rolled his eyes with a groan.

"Aw, lighten up, Bud!" Barnaby playfully slapped Frank on the back, making the latter stumble. "This'll be fun!"

"Yeah! After all, it's not often I get a day off like this." Eddie mused, putting his free hand on Frank's back. "Now I have more time to spend with you."

Frank's face reddened at the gesture, especially with the low snickering of the surrounding neighbors and for a moment, his composure broke. "I... er..." he cleared his throat and tried to regain his grumpy front, though the red was still prominent on his face. "Y-Yes, I knew that."

Julie was about to say something else, when the sound of whooshing overhead caught her attention. "Huh?"

"Hark!" Sally put a hand up to the place her non-existent ear dramatically. "The mighty wing beats of our dear keeper approach!"

"Wh-What-?" Frank tensed up, ducking behind Eddie, looking up at the sky frantically. "Wh-Where??"

Barnaby's ears pricked forward and he looked up towards the direction of the sound, his tail wagging as he recognized the winged figure overhead.

"There!"

Everyone spun around and cheered as you landed just a few feet away from where they stood, to ensure they wouldn't be knocked over by the wind. You were wearing a (color) short sleeved shirt and (color) shorts, as well as a pair of sunglasses on your head. You had your satchel slung over your shoulder chock-full of beach necessities. "I'm here!"

"Right on time, Keeper!" Barnaby complimented, bouncing slightly on his feet at the sight of you.

"Looking lovely as ever." Wally added, his smile widening with adoration.

"Look what I got for you guys!" You turned and pointed a thumb to the (color) carrier, with a see-through dome and padding all along the interior.

[Basically this, but with a lot more padding inside and obviously a few inches bigger]

Everyone of course was amazed by the sight, but frank seemed incredulous. "Where did you even get that!? Of that size!?"

"You'd be surprised at what you'd find at my village." You chuckled, before getting onto your knees in an attempt to match their height. "Is everyone ready?" You asked, in which everyone giddily responded 'yes!' In unison, while Frank just muttered in return.

"Okay," After unzipping the one side of the carrier, you bowed over, your one wing lowered for them to climb onto. "All aboard!"

Frank hesitated. "N-Now... shouldn't we take precau-?"

"Me first!" Julie responded on impulse, running to you and hastily running up your wing, stumbling slightly on your smooth scales.

"Careful, guys." Poppy cautioned, watching as Wally raced up after Julie, followed by Barnaby and Sally, all of them seemingly trying to reach the top first. She and Howdy followed soon after, going up slowly and steadily for both their sake and your sake. Frank and Eddie were the last ones up, with Eddie carefully guiding Frank up your wing.

After everyone was in, you zipped up the side and turned your head to look at your shoulder at them to ensure they'd be get situated.

After everyone set their stuff down near the back, they took their places;

Poppy, Howdy, Frank and Eddie seated themselves in the back while

Barnaby was walking around, admiring the cozy space.

Sally, Julie and Wally were standing at the front, looking at your face and waving giddily.

"We all ready?" You asked, to which everyone gave you a thumbs up with Julie and Barnaby exclaiming "Ready!" in unison.

"Okay!" You turned to Home. "Keep watch of the neighborhood while we're gone."

Home flared out one of his window shutters in the form of a salute, while blowing steam out from his chimney.

You smiled and nodded, before turning to face forward. Flaring your wings out. "Hold on tight... Here we go!"

With a few flaps of your wings, you take off into the air, much to the excitement of Julie, Barnaby and Sally.

"To the beach!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I gotta split this into two parts, since there was more than I anticipated. Hope that's okay! >~<"