Talias escape Part 2

Talia woke up the next morning to loud screaming and crying. She turned her head to Damon's bed confused only to see Damon wasn't in his bedroom. She was about to walk down the stairs but hid as she realized one of gramorrs guards were at the front door. Damon and his mom were taking to him.

"What do you mean he's gone!?" The mother cried out. "Screw the stupid royals, why couldn't they protect him!" Damon turned his head and noticed Talia hiding there, so he ran up the stairs. Tears were flooded in his eyes

"Tal...my dad" he cried, Talia gave him a big hug "he's gone! The weird man downstairs told us."

"I know..." Talia answered. The two stood there hugging for a minute, then Talias eyes lit up like a lightbulb of bad ideas. " hey, I know a way you can talk to him one last time."

Damon perked up desperately "you do!?"

"Yeah but don't tell anyone...and I'll need a ladder." As soon as Talia finished, Damon rushed in his room. When Talia entered, he was tying different clothes together.

"That should be long enough" Damon jumped when Talia spoke. She took the tied clothes and opened a window, throwing the clothes down like a rope.

Damon gasped "Tal your a genius!" Happily sliding down. Talia joined soon after

"How did you learn that?"

"I learned it myself, I would always sneak out of my house."

"Nice! Where are we going?"

"You'll see!"

After a few minutes, the two reach a abandoned building to Damon confusion at why the two were there.

"Don't worry, this won't be dangerous" talia reassured then kneeled on the floor "Crystamorsis" her magic circle appeared around her as Damon gasped in fear and surprise.

Suddenly, Talia jumped up, ending the spell "huh, he's not a ghost..." figuring it was a side affect of turning into crystal, she looked up to see Damon who had a pale face

"You...your a...your princess Talia!?"

"yeah..." since Damon wasn't taking it as lightly as she hoped, she tried walking over. "Please don't freak out, I just wanted to help"

"Stay back!" Damon yelled stepping away from her. Then running out towards the house. She ran after him moments later.

"Wait Damon! Please!"

It was too late, Damon already told his mother who was standing with him. She marched up to Talia and grabbed the clip of the hood, lifting her up but she fell to the floor due to gravity, leaving the hood in the hands of the mom.

"I should've known..." Damon's mom bitterly yelled

"Sorry this is my fault, I should've said something." Talia apologized as she got up. She reached for her hood, but the mom stepped back from her.

"you have no right to be here you filthy royal." The mom screamed

The three suddenly heard lots of rustling from the bushes, It was a group of 4 guards!

"It's the princess!" The guards screamed, there magic circles were ready to fire. Talia walked up and stood there, ready to take the hit

But before she did, someone jumped in front of her. It was Damon!

He fell to the floor, getting the full impact from the hit

"NO!" Talia and the mom screamed. But it was too late

The boy later there, weak but smiling "I'm sorry for outing you, at least I got to be like dad and protect the royals." And just like that, he closed his eyes.

His mom sat by him, the guards put there heads down in sorrow. While everyone was mourning, Talia booked it out of the area faster then she ever thought was possible, crying with regret.

She ran right through the town, all eyes were on her. New guards quickly came up behind her, but she Suddenly she felt a tug on her arm and was dragged into a small corner.

"Don't worry I'm here to help you princess."

"Huh!?" The teary eyed Talia gasped in surprise. The woman then guided Talia towards a small campsite hidden in the forest. "I'm so glad you survived, We have a small camp of rebels ready to give Xeris back to the royals but we don't have much of an army. We would like you to help us."

"Of course" Talia answered, and the two entered the camp.

A few Years past since this day. Talia had been keeping the campsite together. As she was doing her daily activities, someone is running towards the camp "TALIA! TALIA!"

The person catches there breath as they walk up to her "Hello?" Talia answered confused.

"I have a volunteer opportunity for you, would you like to listen?"

"Sure, why not." Talia was the guided by the person to a small area, once she got there, she was greeted by a girl

It was a girl with beautiful bright green eyes and long orange hair tied in a side ponytail, she was holding her purple pet, who looked like a mixture between a dog and a cat.

As talia walked up she knew, this opportunity would change her life forever