Chapter 35

Jessica's POV

"you're killing me here!" Vincent wined.  

I stared down at the chess set in front of me. I'd never been good at chess, but clearly Vincent wasn't either. 

"not my fault you're crap at chess," I sighed, moving my Queen. "chess mate. Again." 

He groaned. "that's the fifth time you've beaten me in 10 minutes! Common, surely there's something else we can do?" 

I sighed. We'd finally arrived at the castle... or could I say home? Anyway, Vanessa got to go home, which was good, but other than one other boy we were the only ones. 

Now we were waiting for Maryam to arrive with her army. 

"remind me again why we're not training?" I asked, standing up and knocking the chess set over. This boring room was getting just that - boring. 

"William says it's best not to waste our energy." he looked at me, "but then again, who's William to tell us what to do?" 

He stood up and grabbed a sword from the wall. "common then Princess, give me all you got." 

I grabbed a gun and stood, swinging it around my arm. "all I got is too much for you." 

He grinned. "let's test it out." 

I quickly ran at him and he blocked, but I didn't attack. Instead I rolled in between his legs and launched myself off the wall, wrapping my legs around his waist and hooking my nunchaku around his neck. 

"not that easy," Vincent laughed, grabbing my legs and flinging me over. I gasped, quickly unhooking the chain so it didn't actually cut through his neck. 

"Rule 1," he said as I launched at him, "show no hesitation," he called, jumping up at the right time to miss my lunge. Finally, a worthy opponent. He landed gracefully on his feet as I skidded myself to a stop. 

"rule 2," he said, laughing as I through multiple punches in vampire speed and he dodged each one in a blur, "never give your opponent the upper hand." he grabbed my fist and flung me over. I squealed and grabbed his waist, pulling him over me as I landed on my hands, jumping forward as his body hit the floor. 

"rule 3," he jumped up and he had a fierce grip on the ceiling, launching himself down towards me, "never underestimate your opponent." I swung round towards him, my hair flowing with me to fall into my face as he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me up against a wall, his face dangerously close. 

"rule 4. Never die and leave me alone." he leaned in and our lips met.

***

Maryam's POV

"good job," I walked up the pile of bodies at the borderline, followed by my army. I smeared the blood from my lip across my cheek. 

I looked up towards the castle. "Vampires," I laughed, "here we come."

***

Katy's POV

"focus your mind," Jacob called, as I furiously tried to soak up the house with my whirlwind. I couldn't do it. I was out of breath and exhausted. 

"I can't Jacob," I told him, heaving heavily. "but I'm not gonna need to lift any houses to win this battle!" 

Suddenly there was a crash. "Jacob!" William screamed. "Gaver the girls! They're here!"

***

Soz it was short, but it finally happened! And there will be the big battle soon. I will be making this book into a series, so don't worry. Sorry it's short, but my watt pads spazzemed and it's deleted half my chapters from my writing list but not from the actually book. I've got my fingers crossed that it won't delete them when I upload this.  

Hopefully my friends will agree to do a trailer, and if I manage it I will post it on the first chapter. Enjoy!