Chapter 1: Hassles

Ewatomi's POV

"Shit!" I cursed loudly as I ran faster. I could see the bus almost reaching the bus stop. If I don't get there anytime soon, I'm going to miss it and that also means being late for the interview and eventually losing the job.
With this thought , I ran faster. Thank God I wasn't wearing heels. I got there just when the bus got there but unluckily for me, there was another person waiting and from the bus passenger count, only one passenger stand was available.

The bus stopped in front of us and the door was opened. I swiftly checked the time, started a fast calculative analysis and I discovered I had only thirty minutes to get to Allimek.

Allimek is a very big industrial and manufacturing company. The distance from here to the company is at least twenty five minutes, that is, I still have five minutes but if the other person gets in , I would have to wait for the other bus and that means waiting for at least ten minutes, coupled with the journey from here to my destination, I would be five minutes late. Hell no, I ain't doing that. And so, I began.

" Sir, excuse me sir". I said sounding as polite as I could to the man in front of me . He turned to look at me and I swear it took all my self constrain not to scream. The man's bloodshot eyes reminded me of Jack Bauer's from the TV series 24. He had almost the same intense and sleep deprived look.

I comported myself, his horrible looking self was the least of my worries.
" I really need to take this bus. Could you pls wait for the next one?" I tried not to scan his entire figure as I spoke. He was wrapped in pullovers that was so thick and big. He was also wearing a head warmer that covered his eyebrows and there was his bloodshot eyes that gave me me feel alert.
The man just spared me a brief glance before proceeding to enter the bus.  I immediately stopped him by grabbing his pullover ignoring his deathly glare. I would be dead anyway if I missed the bus.

"Sir pls, I really need to take this bus. I can't wait for the next one or I would be in trouble". I tried to sound as pitiful as I could but it seemed like it wasn't working as he only looked at me in disdain.

" I don't care". His deep baritone voice said coldly.

"But......Ahhh". I groaned in anger covering my ear with my palms. Was the fucking driver trying to destroy people's eardrum. He had just hit the horn just to get our attention, such an impatient driver.

" The fuck...... did you install a klaxon into the bus?" The unkept looking guy yelled in anger. Couldn't blame him though, the horn was too loud.
He made to enter again and I stopped him.

" What the..." I immediately released my grip when I saw the blood thirsty look in his eyes. He looked at me like I was responsible for the world's misfortune. I apologized and took a step backwards while he ignored me and entered......or did he? 😏

Coz just when the door was about to close, I grabbed him by the hood of his pullover and pulled him back while I ran in before the door eventually closed in. I saw the shock, confusion and then anger on his face. I bet he wanted to kill me then so I shouted sorry in all the language I could remember,

"Sorry. Ma binu. Bianne. Scuse.". I yelled hoping he heard. The first two 'sorrys' I said were languages I naturally spoke while the others were ones I picked up in movies. I was probably wrong in some as other passengers in the bus bursted into laughter when I said them. I didn't care about that. I felt guilty of what I did to that man but I couldn't help it, this job was my life, I couldn't afford to miss it. I looked through the window at the guy and I saw him trying to take something out of his back. That is probably the apology money I had put in his back when I pulled him. Seeing him finally take it out relieved me of my guilt. He looked poor and that money was enough to get him a sandwich. I at least saved him from hunger.

Levi's POV

I stared in astonishment at the bus as it sped off. Who the fuck was that?. The nerve of her. I am more of shocked than angry as I brought out my phone and called Dan.
As expected, he picked up at the first ring.

" Levi!" He sounded excited.

" I need you to come pick me up". I hadn't finished talking when he interrupted.

" You are outside your house?" He asked in disbelief. I can't blame him though, it's been ages I left my home last.

" Just get here soon and hey, don't you tell mom I'm out". I threatened and told him my address before ending the call.
" That lady better pray I never see her again or I swear am going to murder her. How dare she treat a Jacobs that way?. It was my fault for trying to go out anyway, regardless, her actions were wrong.

Ewatomi's POV

I ran so fast, ignoring the reproving glance from everyone. It was like Jack Bauer's look-alike cursed me. The bus had a little problem and we had to stop for almost nine freaking minutes. I just hoped it wasn't my turn yet.
On my way in, I stopped briefly by the receptionist seat and asked for directions which she reluctantly told me. I was used to cold behaviors like that because of my skin color so it doesn't affect me anymore.

I arrived at where she described and I saw a woman directing some people, I guessed were also here for the job, into a room. I just hoped it wasn't my turn yet.

" No 50. Mr Drake Eurwen". She called.

" No 50?". My eyes widened in shock. " Lord!, I am no 14!"

This is a new story. I promise that I am going to be updating this one well. Pls continue to support, like, vote and share.

Thank you all....😚