Inhereting the Darkness

Start from the beginning

《Insectivore Type Beast - Arakunia》

The Arakunias are moving around, looking for something to eat at the warehouse. But they didn't know that the place has been evacuated. Sakuya give a hand signal that makes the trio move in and aim their PulseBlasters toward the beasts. The team also turn off their night vision and thermal camera.

Sakuya: *contact outside team* Ready to turn the power back on.

"Yes, sir."

A minute later, the light in the whole warehouse lit up and shine through the whole building. The Arakunias roar in pain, while they are attracted to light, a sudden bright light in the concentrated area and disturb their night vision ability so Arakunia cannot active during the day.

Sakuya: Now!

The team come out from the cover and start shooting at the Space Beast, killing each one when they explode into particles and making sure no beast from escaping. They keep firing until they exterminate all the beasts on sight. After seeing that all have been exterminated, the team regroup.

Sakuya: The mission was a success.

Okami: All right! Now let's go home!

Asuna: As noisy as you are...

While inspecting the area, Hiro saw an small sized Arakunia is escaping from the place.

Hiro: There's another one! *running after it* I'm going after it!

Okami: Hey, Kamiki!

Asuna: Wait!

Hiro quickly rush out from the warehouse, chasing after the surviving Arakunia.

(Outside)

When he reach outside, Hiro saw the Arakunia and aim toward it. He about to pull the trigger, but a dark energy ball shot at him, making Hiro dodge it.

Hiro: Who's there?!

He turn aside, seeing a figure behind some craters before disappearing right away. Hiro felt a bit dizzy before he remember about the Arakunia, before the turn around and sees that the beast have escaped.

Hiro: Ugh... It got away.

When the team get to him, Hiro informed them the beast escaped.

(Time Skip)
(Drazen Base)
(Command Room)

The team report to Harumiya while Kikai have documented the mission record.

Harumiya: I see. Then we can hunt for the last beast tomorrow.

" *salute* Yes, sir."

Harumiya: Member Kamiki, how did the beast escape from you?

Hiro: I was chasing after it, and then a energy blast at him. When I turn around, I saw something from afar before it disappear. And then I felt a bit dizzy, before I realize the beast escaped.

Harumiya: I see. You are still in a recovery state. I suggest you take a break for a while. It is better for you return home for now.

Hiro: *look down* Yes, sir...

Okami: You don't have to worry about us.