ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Start from the beginning

They started eating quietly, not continuing the discussion they had earlier. And, as if the mood wasn't bad enough, Chun-Ho stepped into the kitchen a few minutes after. Chae-Yeong didn't have to look behind her to know it was him, she knew him by his footsteps and there was only one person missing from the table. She saw with the corner of her eye the chair next to her as he took a seat, not saying anything. The rest quickly figured out that something happened, so they didn't dare ask what was going on, as they knew what was best for them. 

"So," Ji-Eun said as she finished her meal. "What are you going to do now that you found the kids." She couldn't just shut up, could she? "Are you... Are you going to go to them?" There was a small pause. Chae-Yeong thought Chun-Ho would be more than happy to tell them what he was going to do about it, but, surprisingly, he wasn't the one that responded.
"I don't know, Ji-Eun," Chae-Yeong said as a mocking smile appeared on her face. "I think Chun-Ho already made a decision, so let's ask him, because I am just as curious. What are we going to do, Lieutenant?" She turned to him and looked at his face for the first time this morning. She noticed the purple spots under his eyes and his lips tightly pressed together as he lifted his eyes to her face. 
"Chae-Yeong, please don't start again."
"So we finished yesterday? Another decision you've made by yourself, wonderful. Then, if you'll excuse me, I am going to take a shower."

He opened his mouth to say something, but she pushed back her chair and made her way out of the kitchen before he could get a word out of his moth. She made her way to her room, to their room, as she fought the guilt in her chest. She didn't mean to be such a bitch about it, but she couldn't take it back now. She reached the room and opened some of the drawers, taking some clothes out. Just as she was about to enter the bathroom, the door to the hallway opened and Chae-Yeong saw Chun-Ho enter, closing it behind him. They looked at one another for a moment, not saying anything, before she stepped inside the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She almost escaped the situation when a firm hand blocked the door and opened it again.

"Let's talk." He said as he looked at her with those eyes that were clearly her weakness.
"I don't want to talk. I want to shower."
"You can do that later."
"Yes, and we can talk later, right now I want to take a shower."
"You're avoiding me and I don't like it."
"What a shame we're not always getting what we want, right?"
"Don't make me force you. Let's go sit."
"No."
"Chae-Yeong, I am going to tell you this one last time. We are going to talk. So when I say sit, you sit." 

She looked at him for a second in disbelief. He dared talk to her like that after yesterday. She was about to tell him something not so positive when he added one last word. "Please." That's what made her give in.
"What a way of charming a girl," she said, but made her way to the bed, sitting on it. "Talk."
"I'm sorry for what I did yesterday."
"Which part?"
"I shouldn't have yelled at you. I should've been there for you, but I was so busy with finding a plan for the kids that I forgot everything around me."
"So, did you find that plan?"
"Not yet. All I know is that I am going to find them and protect them." She couldn't help but let out a laugh. He really didn't get it.
"So you're putting the kids above me. Above us."
"I am not putting them above us. You know that I made a promise."
"What about your promise to me?" she yelled, sitting up as anger made its way in her brain. "What about protecting me? What about staying with me no matter what? What about getting through this together? You're so blinded by the promise that you've made that you can't even see what is in front of your eyes! Look around, Chun-Ho! Where will you go after you meet with them?"
"I don't know, Chae-Yeong! Maybe we will come back here, maybe we'll go find some other place."
"'We'? What 'we' are you talking about? You never asked me to come with you."
"It's been a 'we' from when I met you, I didn't think I needed to ask for you to know. You really thought I would leave you here?"
"Actually, the opposite. You thought that I would some with you, you still do."
"And you don't want to?"
"I don't know, Chun-Ho. I -" This was going nowhere. "There is nothing left outside. Seoul isn't safe anymore, maybe everywhere is like that. Is it worth leaving this place, leaving our friends, when there is a very high possibility there is nothing awaiting us outside?"
"So you'd rather leave me?"
"I didn't say that. Now you're making me the villain."
"You know what? Go take that shower. This is not worth it." She stopped the tears from falling as she felt her heart shatter.
"So I am not worth it?"
"That's not what I meant, but it's useless trying to explain, because you'll always turn it against me someway. And I don't want to fight with you." He turned around to leave.
"But I want to fight with you. Fight with me. Fight for me!"

But, as much as she wanted him to turn around, he never did.

_______________________________________

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇'𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝑒:
𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓊𝓅𝒹𝒶𝓉𝑒, 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒿𝑒𝒸𝓉𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝒸𝒸𝓊𝓅𝒾𝑒𝒹. 𝒶𝓁𝓈𝑜, 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓈𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 "𝓆𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑜𝓉𝓉𝑒", 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝒶𝒷𝓈𝑜𝓁𝓊𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝒷𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉, 𝓈𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒾𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒾 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝓈𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽!
𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔!