ꜰɪᴠᴇ

∞ 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄∞

_______________________________________

"Chae-Yeong, wake up

"Chae-Yeong, wake up." She felt a hand on her arm, shaking her as she opened her eyes slowly, trying to adapt to the light. "We're here." She turned her head. Chun-Ho.
"Shit, I fell asleep." She stretched before jumping out of the car as the kids were getting out. They made their way inside, passing by the corpses again, but avoiding looking at the. When they finally reached the sleeping tents, a familiar face approached them with a smile on.

"Won-Bin!" the kids yelled as they started running toward him, jumping on him and almost falling with him to the ground.
"Look who's here! Are you ok?" he asked as he hugged them. Two girls were holding So-Yeon as she sat on a bed. Chae-Yeong made her way to one of the cabinets and took out some medicine and the materials she needed to fix her wound. She then approached the girl, looking at Chun-Ho as he hugged Won-Bin. 

She bent down, lifting her shirt to look at the injury. The wound was not too deep, it was similar to hers, but smaller, so it didn't need stitches. "This might hurt a little bit," she said before cleaning it up. So-Yeon hissed as she put the wet cloth on the wound, wiping the blood off her skin. 
"Was Lee Chun-Ho this handsome before?" she heard her ask one of her friends.
"You still didn't get over it?"
"Will I ever? Like come on, look at him, he's so dreamy. And he doesn't seem to have a girlfriend, so I might as well shoot my shot." Chae-Yeong pressed her lips together, trying not to smile.
"And...We're done," she said as she finished dressing her wound. Get some rest and drink a lot of water. You should be fine in a few days."
"Thank you," So-Yeon said as she smiled gently before closing her eyes.

Chae-Yeong made her way to Won-Bin who looked stressed while staring into space. "What's wrong?" she asked after washing her hands.
"Our superiors called Chun-Ho inside. I'm worried they'll execute him after stealing the vehicle." The moment she heard the word 'execute' she made her way to the barrack with the offices, pressing her ear to the door. She could hear their conversation through the door. Chun-Ho apologized and his superior yelled at him, but that was not what made her burst through the door. It was the faint click, a sound that she heard many times in the last few weeks. A gun.

"Put the gun down," she told the man that was holding a gun to Chun-Ho's chest. They both turned and stared at her. 
"Who are you?" the man asked, still pointing the gun at him.
"Didn't you hear me? Put the gun down or you'll regret it."
"Do you know who I am?"
"Yes. You are the man who refused to save those kids' lives because you refused to lend Lee Chun-Ho the vehicle. So I am going to speak however I want with you, because you don't deserve my respect. Now put it down before I report you for pushing your soldiers to death." He seemed stunned, not saying anything as his eyes traveled past her and Chun-Ho. He slowly put the gun down.
"You'll be shot to death next time. Eventually, you brought the kids here to safety. We'll at least be able to tell the superiors and parents something."
"Thank you, sir," Chun-Ho said.
"Dismissed. And you," the man said, pointing at Chae-Yeong, "next time you talk to me like that, I won't let it slide." She bit her tongue so she wouldn't say anything before leaving the room, Chun-Ho following her before closing the door behind them.