Chapter 386

When Madam Manoban went out, she bumped into Lisa, who had just returned.

She stopped in her tracks and said, "Lisa..."

She wanted to tell Lisa to leave Jennie. Although she could hear the teasing tone in Jackson's voice, she would rather believe that it was all because of Jennie.

"How's the company going?" Madam Manoban asked when she saw Lisa stop in his tracks.

"I'll take care of it. It should be done soon," said Lisa. Things had happened too suddenly, and he needed time to deal with it.

Jackson's foundation in S Country was still shallow, and he might not be a match for LM Group.

Madam Manoban was worried. "He took back the Wang family's company and knows everything about us."

Lisa said calmly, "Don't worry, I'll take care of it."

He was still busy with something, so he didn't say much to Madam Manoban.

Madam Manoban made up her mind and went to look for Jennie.

It was already the eighth day since Jennie came here to film her scenes. The scenes for that day had ended. If there was nothing else, she could go home the next day.

When she heard Buyeon say that an outsider's car had arrived, she pursed her lips and smiled. She guessed that it was probably Lisa.

He said that he would come once every three days. Liar, it was already the eighth day.

But this was also good. If he came too often, Jennie would not have the stamina and energy to deal with him.

Jennie still had scenes to shoot, so she could only suppress her emotions and wait.

The evening air in the suburbs was especially fresh, and it was mixed with the smell of grass. It made people feel happy.

The filming of her last scene of the day was finally done. Jennie tidied up her hair and came out. She did not see Lisa but Madam Manoban instead.

She carried an exquisite small bag, and her hair was combed neatly. There was a kind smile on her elegant face.

"Jennie." Madam Manobab walked over and greeted Jennie.

Madam Manoban rarely showed her face, so everyone just thought that she was a rich lady without knowing she was Madam Manoban.

When she came to see Jennie, everyone wasn't really pleased about it.

The light in Jennie's eyes faded a little, but she still welcomed her into her lounge.

"You won't blame me for being abrupt, will you?" Madam Manoban asked with a smile.

"No." Jennie poured her a cup of tea. "It's just that this place is remote and the roads are not very convenient. It must have been tough for you to come here, right, Mom?"

Madam Manoban smiled. "It's nothing. I'm just here to take a look. Are you done filming?"

"Yes, I can go back tomorrow," Jennie replied.

Of course, she knew that Madam Manoban was not here just to show her concern.

After interacting with her, she had long realized that Madam Manoban treated her well on account of Leo.

Jennie, who had always had shallow family relations, did not have any extravagant hopes. It was already good enough that they could both treat each other with respect. Did she expect the other party to treat her as her own daughter?