Chapter 345

“Jennie, listen to my explanation. I didn’t mean it that way…” Kai could sense that the words sounded offensive when Jennie put it that way and quickly tried to make up for it.

Jennie stopped in her tracks. Her eyes were clear and solemn as she looked at Kai. She said steadily, “Mr. Kai, please don’t be too narrow-minded. Although there are people in this circle who aren’t innocent, there are also many who rely on their own hard work to succeed. Not every bright and beautiful girl you see has given in to the unspoken rules that you speak of.”

A downtrodden good girl was equivalent to a good girl who did not accept the unspoken rules in the entertainment industry? Who taught him that? This was an insult to all the women who were talented and willing to work hard!

“Please avoid me the next time you see me, Mr. Kai. I really don’t deserve your praise!”

Jennie’s lips curled into a smile. After saying that, she turned around, leaving only the sight of her beautiful and cold back.

Kai held the check between his fingers for a long time, unable to come back to his senses.

Jennie was too lazy to read the scripts in the company. If she had known that she would meet Kai here, she would have gone home early to read. She just wanted to stay in the company so that she could be in a formal atmosphere. Why was she so unlucky?

After she left, Kai came out of the conference room.

Krystal and Eungyung also came out of the office at this moment. They saw Jennie and Kai walking out of the conference room one after another.

Eungyung looked at Krystal sympathetically, then looked down on Jennie. As expected, she was hooking up with people wherever she went. Kai, Baekhyun… Was it still not enough for her? She really felt sorry for that chauffeur surnamed Manoban.

Krystal felt like she had been stabbed by a knife when Eungyung looked at her.

She really didn’t expect that Jennie would still covet Kai and deliberately make her feel uneasy.

She must remember this debt and settle it with Jennie!

Before Jennie could choose a script, it was Old Master Manoban’s 70th birthday.

Usually, his birthday banquets would just be a casual meal with the family. They were not made into grand affairs.

However, this year was different. It was the most important day of the year, and everyone’s attention was on it. Old Master Manoban’s birthday was the best time for everyone to befriend him.

This was also a sign that LM Corporation was running smoothly and was accepting more business partners.

Old Master Manoban was in a good mood because he had Leo as his grandson this year. He had been planning for this birthday for a long time.

Lisa arranged for Jisoo to replace him while he brought his subordinates to prepare for the banquet.

Lisa only reminded Old Master Manoban of one thing, saying, “Jennie won’t be revealing her identity for the time being. You don’t have to introduce her to the guests this year.”

Old Master Manoban thought to himself, ‘What is he saying?'

But since Lisa had specifically mentioned it, he agreed.

Old Madam Manoban asked, “Why is that so? It wasn’t easy for us to get a daughter-in-law. We’re just planning to show off a little, so why can’t we introduce her?”