comort can replace medicine

Start from the beginning

"I-I don't know," he said. "I'll tough it out."

Nanako didn't sound convinced. "So you do have a headache. Ayaka, you don't have to push yourself so hard. Why don't you come home and take a nap? I'll pick up some new medicine and something to eat."

Ayaka thought about it for a moment. "Okay," he finally agreed.

"I'll be there in about half an hour. Just wait for me outside."

Ayaka hung up the phone and let his hand go limp.

————

Langa was in the habit of checking his phone during the breaks between his classes. As soon as the professor dismissed the class, he would reach into his pocket and pull out his smartphone, scrolling through any notifications and messages.

Good thing he did, because he saw a text from his mom not to long ago.

Had to pick up your brother early today, he had a headache :(
Can you also see if your guys' little friend can come over? Ayaka was asking for him. Reki?

Langa's face remained unfazed, but he did get a little saddened when he found out Ayaka had been picked up early for a headache. He shut off his phone and turned to Reki, who was sketching something down.

"Hey, Reki,"

Reki hummed without looking up from his drawing.

"You free today? Ayaka wants you to come over."

Reki looked up from his notebook at that, slightly surprised. "R-Really? Um," he coughed into his fist. "I mean, sure," he said, more 'cooly'. "Why? Everything alright?"

"I don't think he explained much. He has a headache—he just asked for you."

Reki's cheeks flushed red and he turned away, an embarrassed look on his face. "Okay, cool, cool." he said. "Did he—want me to bring anything? Food or something?"

Langa shrugged. "I don't know."

"Okay," Reki whispered. "Okay."

————

"I'm home," Langa said, opening the door and walking in, Reki trailing in behind him.

Did mom go back to work? Langa wondered to himself as he looked around. He turned around toward Reki, who seemed awkward and out of place. Disclaimer, he had never been to the Hasegawa household before.

Langa's phone dinged.

And I went back to work! See you when I get home!

He put his phone away. "Let's go see Ayaka. He's probably in his room."

Reki nodded and put up a thumbs up.

Langa made his way down the hallway, leading Reki towards Ayaka's room. It was a cozy space with a large window that looked out onto the street below. The curtains were drawn and the lights were off.

"Ayaka, I'm home. Reki's here." Langa said.

The hand that was covering Ayaka's face lifted up, Reki and Langa being able to see the obvious discomfort that was crossing his features. "'Kay." Ayaka weakly got out. He was dressed out of his school uniform, in a baggy t-shirt and probably sweatpants.

T-shirt.

Ayaka was used to getting headaches from time to time, but when he got them, he really got them. They were intense, throbbing pains that seemed to radiate through his entire head and make it difficult to focus on anything else.