13 birthday

On my 13th birthday we had a large garden party and a small amount of people where lady's and lords and there family's . Seeing as we could only mix with noble people. My dad was shaking hands with many people and I trailed behind copping him.

We came across this one family. A man who was knighted by my grandmother. He had a wife and a daughter who looked my age. She shook my hand and I picked up on her deep blue eyes and smiled. She looked as if she was blushing so I softly laughed. As our parents were talking I spoke to her to pass time. "Im James" I said calmly and confidently as I had to make small talk a lot when my royal family where out and about. She looked up at me "y/n" she replied and did a small curtsy.

After I was finished saying hello to everyone at the party I went over to get a drink with my sister. We talked about the people and how we where quite bored and no one was interesting to talk to . I then told her about y/n and how she was nice but we didn't talk much.

Y/n was looking at me across the garden and I waved at her . Louies nudged me and said "she's blushing" I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "She doesn't t like me, if that's what you're thinking" I told her . "Puberty has treated you well though" she mumbled not dropping the subject. I know that I had had a glow up but girls didn't like me did they?

I decided to go up to y/n and ask her for her phone number because me and my sister where the only children I believe that have phones.she agreed to give me her number so we could talk. She said goodbye and I hugged her which I'm not really aloud to do but I didn't mind.