Chapter 95: Your Highness, I lost my composure

Start from the beginning

To avoid appearing too heartless, Xiao Jin did not make any further comments. She just nodded slightly to indicate that Ye Juege could continue.

Ye Juege spoke slowly and talked about another person, "At that time, the Commander Tang was lurking in Yao Country, and he was too busy to handle everything himself. Therefore, the one in charge of this matter was the Vice-Commander, Tang Yu."

"On the third day after the noblewoman's death, the Vice- Commander Tang cut off the head of the imperial concubine's elder brother. On the seventh day after the noblewoman's death, the Vice-Commander Tang accused the Empress's father of forming cliques and colluding with courtiers in the court."

"Since then, the imperial concubine's family has had no chance of turning over, and the Empress's family has been exiled to remote and barbaric places. Tang Yu took over Tang Ling's former position and was promoted by Her Highness the Princess Zhao Yang as the commander of the Phoenix Feather Guard. She became a figure that the courtiers were quite afraid of."

Xiao Jin sighed lightly. 

In her opinion, Tang Ling was already a ruthless character. 

But she did not expect that Tang Yu, who seemed much milder than Tang Ling, was not a vegetarian either.

Immediately after that, Ye Juege truthfully recounted the story of Erquan Yinhao tea.

On a summer night filled with the fragrance of locust tree, Xiao Jin remained silent for a long time and was startled by the story, breaking out in a cold sweat.

Tang Ling's thoughts were so meticulous. If she hadn't been reincarnated, Tang Ling wouldn't have had anything to hold onto. Otherwise, this mask would have fallen off.

However, listening to Ye Juege's account, Xiao Jin had a question: "Jue Ge, why did I go to attack Yao Country?"

Ye Juege stood under the locust Tree, pondering for a long time. She moved her lips and said, "Everyone says that Your Highness is cruel and warlike, which is why you went to attack Yao Country. But before you set out, you told your subordinates that you were tired... tired of the endless struggle in the court."

"What happened after that?" Xiao Jin asked.

Ye Juege recalled the past and whispered, "Afterwards, you pointed at the canary in the cage and told your subordinates that it was about to fly away."

The canary was about to fly away.

Xiao Jin thought of a possibility, but she was not entirely certain. So she asked Ye Juege, "Based on your understanding of me, what do you think I meant?"

Ye Juege lowered her eyelashes and said, "I dare not claim to know Your Highness's thoughts. But before you set out for battle, you left all the garrisons in Yan territory on standby, even the wise counselor Ming Xun did not follow the army, but became a part of the plan to attack Quzhao Country, just like your subordinates."

"For various reasons, I did not have the opportunity to explain before, but now I think that Your Highness probably... probably..."

Seeing Ye Juege struggling to speak, Xiao Jin took over the conversation. "Probably to leave alone?"

After a long silence, Ye Juege nodded, "That's just my guess."

For a long time, the only sound in the courtyard was the sound of flower petals falling to the ground.

Apart from that, there was no other movement.

Because of what happened afterwards, Xiao Jin already understood it very well.

I'm competing with the male lead for a woman[GL]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara