A Threat Like no Other.

The trio of you, Ochette, and Akalā walked through the forest as the sun had begun to set in the sky beyond, slowly dimming the forest. Soon arriving at the entrance of the Tomb of the Wardenbeasts. You took a deep breath as Ochette turned to you, "You alright (Y/n)?" You once again scratched the back of your head as you responded, "Uh... I'm just... still thinking about what Juvah said..." Ochette smiled as she lit a lantern and said, "Oh don't worry, he'll warm up to you eventually. We've just been having some trouble with the neighboring humans."

"I can tell." You said as the three of you walked through the dark, only with the light of the lantern providing warmth, "I didn't like that Cohazeh woman very much." Ochette nodded as she sniffed the air around the three of you, "Hmm... *sniff sniff* Yep. The human smells coming from this way." She said as she pointed deeper into the Tombs, "It can't be far now..."

You chuckled as you readjusted your backpack and said, "It's really quite impressive, that sense of smell of yours." Ochette smiled as she said, "Well. I'm just lucky you don't smell like any other human I've smelled before. Otherwise, I'd get the scents all mixed up." You looked at her as you scratched the back of your head, unsure of how to take the info.

After navigating the Tombs and avoiding conflicts with monsters that Ochette easily dealt with across a rickety bridge, you could see a young girl on her knees, her head in her hands. As the three of you got closer, her sobs became more apparent. Ochette then announced your presence by softly calling out, "Hey, there you are!"

She then got closer as she said, "No need to cry anymore. We're here to rescue you." The girl then got up and looked to you, though her attention was more on Ochette as she asked, "A beastling? What are you doing here?" Then you caught the girls attention by saying, "I wouldn't worry about the details. They're not needed at the moment." The girl then said, "But everyone says not to make friends with beastlings." Ochette put her hands to her hips as she spoke, "They do, huh? We're actually pretty nice, though."

"Still..." The girl said as she looked back. "Okay... this is a bit of a problem..." You said as you looked around, hearing the wind constantly blowing through the old ruins.

"Don't worry, (Y/n). I know what to do." Ochette said as she pulled another stick of jerky out of nowhere and held it to the girl, "Here. Have some jerky." The girl then got up at the aroma and walked up to Ochette, her fear completely gone, "Thank you. I was so hungry." As she took a bite, a smile creeped onto her face as she said, "This is...yummy." Ochette then pulled out her own stick and began to eat it, "Right!? A hunk of jerky makes everything better. If we can agree on that much, we're practically friends already."

The girl then giggled, "Hee hee... You think?" Ochette then nodded before her ears perked up at the rushing wind. She then turned back to the way you came in. "Is everything alright, Ochette?" You asked as you gripped the strap of your bag a little tighter. The girl also responded, "What is it?" Ochette then turned back and shook her head as she said, "We'd better go. It's almost dark. Follow me, okay?" The girl then nodded as the now four of you began to make your way out of the Tomb, with Ochette leading the pack and you tailing it, with the girl in the middle.

As you finally exited into the forest once more, Ochette stopped once more as she looked about. "Wh-what is it? I'm scared..." The girl said as she began to cling to your arm. "The night is here." Ochette said, "The islebirds are calling... Something's got them agitated." As various birds could be seen flying away, Ochette seemingly spoke for them, "'Flee this place. Get far away. Calamity...is coming.'" The girl then let go of your arm as she asked, "You can tell what the birds are saying?"

Ochette then turned and described the birds, "Islebirds are easily spooked. They're more sensitive to danger than anyone else." She then closed her eyes as she said, "The forest is calling..." "What do they mean by "Calamity"?" You asked as Ochette shrugged. Akalā then walked forward as he let out a few low yips that sounded concerning. "Good idea." Ochette said, leaving you and the girl confused. Despite the confusion, the four of you began to make your way back to the village, but along the way, your path was obstructed.