"Uh.. Not Steven.. Please don't chop up my legs." I turn back to see Izzy with a feared look on his face and his hands up in defense. "I actually came here to escape those questions myself."

"Shit." I chuckle, softening my expression. He closes his door behind him and takes a seat on my bed. "Um, ew.. why is it wet?" He immediately stands up. "Oh, Slash spilled some JD." I reply. "Before he stormed off like a little baby." I grumble in a quieter voice.

"Oh."

"Yeah, pretty fuckin' stressed. If you came in here to tell me bad news, or ask a million questions, don't."

"Nah, I just wanted to see what you were up to." He replies casually. "This." I gesture to the clothes spread out across my floor. "You wanna talk about it?"

"What?" I furrow my brows in confusion. "Not the clothes. Whatever's got you stressed." He chuckles lightly, readjusting himself on the bed with one leg hanging off.

"Oh.. just uh.." I trail off, sitting back on the floor. "I mean.. Slash got upset.. I think? 'Cause I told him he couldn't go.." I began. "And I'm overall just stressed about the trip.. The plane ride.. Seeing everyone again.. Leaving you guys for dead.." I let out a hearty laugh at the end. "I mean, what if she forgets I'm coming? Did she tell my dad? What if they had a baby or something..? What if my dad doesn't wanna see me?"

"Woah, slow down." He tries to interject. "I don't even know if they're together anymore.. I mean she said something about him over the phone, but what if she remarried? What if-"

"Jackie." He raises his voice a bit, getting off the bed and walking toward me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "What?"

He sits down on the floor next to me.

"You're creating problems in your head again." He looks into my eyes. "Stop that." He shakes his head a bit. "Fine." I huff, standing up again. "If Slash wants to be a crybaby, let him. He'll get over it."

"Yeah, he'll get over it by banging some bitch off the street." I roll my eyes, leaning against the wall. He sighs, walking toward me. "You just did it again."

"Huh?"

"Creating problems."

"Whatever."

"Look, Jackie. I'm on your side and all, but you gotta have some faith in Slash." He says. "I know, I know."

He takes a step closer, getting dangerously close to me. All the worries in my brain have completely vanished at this point.

I find myself slowly leaning in closer, as is he. His lips graze just above mine, the feeling of his breath sends chills down my spine. "I wanna kiss you."

"Kiss me." I dared, parting my lips. Just before he could close the gap, he backed up, taking a deep breath. "I can't."

"Why not?" I couldn't believe my own words. What if Slash walked in? He sucked in air sharply.

"If I kissed you," he said as he leaned in again. "I don't think I'd be able to stop."

My breath hitched into the back of my throat as he pulls back, turning toward the door and leaving without another word. Did that really just happen? Izzy and I almost kissed?

My back stays glued to the wall as I stand there, stunned.. Acting like a teenager after her first date or something. It was weird, and very unexpected... But some part of me liked it.

God I'm such a whore...

But fuck it!

-

"Alright, you ready?" Duff asks when I approach the front door. "Yeah." I sigh, dropping my suitcase onto the floor.

"I'll help you." Axl offers, getting up from the couch. The three of us head outside to find Steven and Slash lighting firecrackers in the street. "The hell are you idiots doin'?" I look over at them.

"Firecrackers!" They respond simultaneously. "Yeah.. M'kay." I turn back into the house to get my third bag and spot Izzy leaning against the porch banister, but ignore it. I almost feel guilty about our little moment yesterday.. I feel like I betrayed Slash or something.

It didn't happen, though.

"Jackie, c'mere." Slash beckons me over into the empty neighborhood street. I hand my bag off to Axl and follow Slash.

"Hey.." he smiles down at me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Hi." I smile back. "Sorry for bitching yesterday." He says, tucking some of my hair behind my ear.

"It's okay.. and I'm sorry that you can't go. I want you to, but being that this is our first time seeing each other in so long.. She'd probably expect to see Aaron. I'll bring it up to her that we're not together anymore.. and I'll talk to her about you coming down some time."

Shit. Aaron. He's my moms fucking neighbor.. How am I supposed to avoid that?

"Alright, let's go!" Duff shouts, getting into the drivers seat. I nod and turn back to Slash. "I'll see you soon." He smiles. "M'kay." He closes the gap between us and drags out the kiss a bit longer than I expected. He lets out a deep groan when I try pulling back. "Slash." I mumble in between kisses. "I.. Have... To... Go..."

"Whyyy?" He moans, finally pulling back. "Bye, I'll see you soon." I say, leaving a last peck on his cheek. "See ya, Steven!" I wave. He returns the wave with a huge smile on his face before jumping when the firecracker startles him.

"Later, loser." Axl punches my shoulder lightly. "See ya."

Izzy waves from the porch, keeping his distance. "Turner." He nods with a smile. I return the smile and nod in response. "Stradlin."

I hop into the passenger seat and shuffle through the radio stations as we pull out. Slash and Steven wave their arms dramatically. "Love you, Jack!" Steven shouts. Slash holds up a heart sign with his hands above his head. I shake my head at his cheesiness and wave back at them.

"God, they act like I'm fleeing the country."

"You're leavin' us." Duff responds, wiping fake tears from his face. "Ah, you'll be fine. If you run out of food just sacrifice Izzy or something."

"Nah, Slash. I like my meat dark." He raises his eyebrows and smirks. I laugh and shake my head. "Weirdo.." I mumble.

authors note:

hi!! apologies for lack of updates, thanksgiving was pretty wild for me and my enormous family. anyway jackie is in DEEP SHIT

also sorry for short chapter :/ was kinda stuck while writing this.

Jackie and Izzy's little moment was actually inspired from another book but i cant remember what it was called.

c u next time! thank you for reading.