𝟮𝟳. ❝ 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐬 ❞

Start from the beginning

"What you and Maggie have... It's special and I know you guys are gonna find each other again, I guarantee it" He finishes, grabbing Harry's hand and opening it up so his palm is out. Peter slowly placed the pretty ring on Harry's hand, while he stared at it before closing his fist around it.

"I've lost a lot of loved ones in my life, and she's the only thing I've always had... And I plan to never let that go" Harry whispers, a small sad smile curling on his face.

"We'll help out, you know? We're gonna be there the whole time trying to force you two to get together" James practically demands, making Harry let out a laugh as he shakes his head.

"Are you... Are you guys mad about what I said earlier?" Harry asks, making the two raise their eyebrows.

"What do you mean? About you not wanting to change? Of course not. Why would we?" James says with a laugh, making Harry furrow his eyebrows.

"It's okay to be selfish," Peter says with a small chuckle, patting Harry on the shoulder. Harry looks at him surprised and James with a small grin.

"But Maggie -"

"She still hasn't let go of the past, Harry. I think around this time - it's hitting her harder than ever before and soon she'll understand that it's okay to let things go...."

"You got to understand she had her dad for most of her life and then she loses him and all those memories with him - it's going to be harder for her to let this huge opportunity go than it is for you. She got to have a life with Remus and you didn't get a life with me and Lily..." James whispers, forcing a reassuring smile on his face.

"And I promise you, she'll get there. Just give her some time that it's gonna be okay." James adds encouragingly, making Harry sadly smile and nod before he suddenly zones out on thought.

The zoning out suddenly shifted something in Harry's head. Like a sudden light bulb went off or something in his brain finally figured out the one thing that's been bugging him this whole time...

"Wait..." He whispers, making both Peter's and James's laughter come to a halt.

"What's wrong?" James asks, watching as Harry's eyes grow and eyebrows furrow.

"I-I know who did it."

"Who did, what?" Peter asks with a raised eyebrow as Harry jumps up from the ground, making the two quickly follow.

"That sent that box! With the time turner in our time! I know who did it..." He quickly began walking hastily, out of the alleyway. The two marauders quickly tried to question Harry, who was preoccupied with his thoughts as he walked between several people. While he accidentally shoved people away - Peter was quickly awkwardly apologizing to the stranger or student. James on the other hand was trying to question Harry on what he was talking about to get his son out of his busy thinking mind, also keeping an eye on Peter so he can make sure the rat doesn't lose the two Potters.

"This makes sense - This is why he's trying to keep us here longer and wasn't suspicious alongside Minnie-"

"Woah, Minnie is the one who sent it? How is that even possible, this is the past-"

"No, not this time Professor McGonagall, possibly in my time-"

"But didn't you say all the time turners are destroyed in your time? How would she get one - especially one that can go back twenty-four years?" Peter asks, somewhat a little out of breath as James grabs the back of Harry's sweater to stop him.