𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

Start from the beginning

JJ had walked himself over towards me. A smile had been placed against his face while he lifted his hat, messing with his messily blonde hair. He sat beside me and looked around the dock area. His eyes glanced back towards me while his pupils had dilated in the sun. "You seem happy today." He mentioned and sat his hands in his lap while his body had hunched over with his legs dangling beside mine. "I'm in a good mood today, I guess you could say." I told him and smiled as I glanced back out into the wildlife that sat before me. The silence had formed an awkwardness between us. I assumed that JJ had suspected me and Rafe had been involved with one another because he had never seen me so giddy before over something small. "If you're feeling up to it, I would like for you to come to our annual party on the beach tonight." JJ mentioned and turned his head to stare at my prominent jawline that was rounded slightly. I stared down at my feet once again in an awkwardness, thinking about how Kiara would feel. I couldn't get out the stress of telling my friends that their enemy and I had been exclusively seeing one another — nonetheless together after meeting multiple days ago. "I don't think Kiara would want me there, J" I told him and played with the rings that sat on my fingers. He shook his head and rested his hand against my knee to catch my attention.

"We took Sarah out to the spot where we found a sunken ship. Kiara wasn't happy but we left her and Sarah out on a ship for a couple hours which they ended up making up with another after that stupid school thing that they went through. Now they're friends." He explained to me while he had flicked a small lighter he had pulled out of his pocket. I smiled and shook my head while hearing the flicks of his lighter. "You guys are so mean." I laughed and nudged him slightly with my shoulder. I turned to look at him in the eyes. He would always be my best friend no matter what could happen. I sought all of my friends as my best friends — but JJ was the one that I had been comforted and loved by the most. I knew that just by the way he would treat me. He would never let me go anywhere alone. He wouldn't let me out of his sight and he would always be the one I could run to when I had an issue. He was the only one of my friends that actually had a sense of how I felt — Kiara knew some but she wasn't good at helping me communicate and fight the battles that I went through, unlike JJ had done. "Kiara wants you to come back but she doesn't know what to say." He spoke as he took his hand away from my knee and looked away from me in the moment. There had been a small awkwardness that formed between us after I had been on the date with Rafe. Almost like JJ had been jealous but didn't want to ruin the terms we had left on. "I'll come with you JJ." I told him and smiled a small fake smile that showed a part of my dimple on my cheek. He nodded and put his lighter back into his pocket.

He stood back up from the dock. He put his hand out towards me, offering to help me up from the wooden board that I sat against. I put my hand above my head and allowed him to pull my petite body up from the dock. I had bent down, pushing the shirt that sat beside me over my head and then slid socks upon my feet before putting my white converse on. I lifted each leg up once at a time and tied the dirty laces that had been uncleaned for almost nine months. "Look at you with that shirt on." JJ smiled as I had worn a shirt that he had given me when I spent the night at John B's house last summer. I smiled and had pushed him slightly as I started to walk towards my house to grab my car keys and phone. "Listen, I also wanted to tell you sorry about the night of your birthday and yesterday." He spoke as he had followed behind me with his hands pushed into his pockets. He had followed behind me like a puppy dog, lost and confused looking for someone. I pushed the white door inwards to see my small Fanny pack sitting against the counter with my keys and my phone. I pulled the Fanny pack over my chest and put my phone inside of it, zipping it up. I held my keys in my hands as I had turned around with my eyebrows narrowing in confusion. "Explain?" I asked him in response.

He had stood outside of the door, waiting for me to come back out which I had done. I locked the door behind me after shutting it in that moment. "I feel bad that I kissed you and fell asleep with you in your bed. I also feel bad that I slightly had threatened Rafe about him not messing with you." JJ expressed as he followed behind me to my car that sat by itself in the driveway. I pushed the key into the car lock, unlocking the two doors that were in the front. I shook my head while I had pulled myself up into the car as JJ opened the passenger car door. I buckled myself into the tan leather seat. JJ pulled himself up into the car and shut the passenger door, contemplating if he had wanted to speak again to explain himself. I shook my head and pushed the key into the large ignition that had been placed beside the steering wheel. After getting the car started, I laid a hand on the steering wheel and looked over towards JJ as he had seemed sincere. "J, I don't want you to be sorry for something that wasn't even wrong." I explained to him and looked at him deeply into his eyes. His pupils started to dilate while he had looked into my eyes with pure concentration. "I just feel bad that I kissed you and professed my love for you even though we can't be together. I hope I didn't ruin what Rafe and you had going." He explained again as I pressed my right foot against my break with gentleness meanwhile I had pulled the stick shift into the reverse position to pull out of the driveway. "Where is all of this coming from J?" I asked him and narrowed my eyebrows at him in pure confusion that fled into my mind while I started to drive away from my house. Leaving the house empty and silent until my mom would come home with Kaia, alongside Jack and Indie. "Rafe stopped by my house this morning and apologized for kicking my ass multiple times." He explained again and watched the plants that had passed us while we had driven out of the gated community that surrounded my house.