dab not needing words

"Ayaka!"

Ayaka turned at the call of his name, looking at Miya. He walked over to him. "Hey, Miya, have you seen Reki?" he asked.

Who? Oh right, the red-headed kid who raced Mr. Ainosuke.

"I heard him yell my name, I saw him! He has to be here somewhere."

Miya shrugged. "He probably dipped out. Maybe he's tired of hanging out with you."

Ayaka gasped and his eyes widened in hurt.

"You're in the way, I gotta go. My turn is next." Miya said, walking past Ayaka. "Throw a leash on that dude and bring him back to the next match if you find him." Miya turned back to look at Ayaka. "I really want to see him there. He deserves to watch me become champion."

Ayaka saw the action on the screen as Miya and Snake got going. Snake soon moved in front of Miya and began to dance on his board to dodge the pebbles.

"Dude, did you see that?"

"He looks like he's dancing!"

Ayaka narrows his eyes.

"Talk about technique!"

"Is that even real?"

He watched the screen in thought.

That skating style.

His eyes widened.

Crap.

In the end, Snake won, leaving Miya out of the competition.

————

Ayaka came out of his room, a deep frown on his face. He looked over at his mom while he walked to the front door, picking up his bag, noticing Langa has already left. "See you later."

"Ayaka, I-..."

"Mhm?" Ayaka stopped and turned around.

His mom smiled. "Nothing. Just—have a good day!"

"Thanks." he said, and opened the door and he was out.

Nanako sighed as she looked at the family photo with all of them, looking at Oliver.

This is difficult.

He skates on his broken board, looking ahead with a sad look.

He's been like a shell of himself for so long. Langa stopped snowboarding at one point, and everything went down hill from there.

When we first moved here I was so relieved, they seemed like there were having a great time. Langa still does—he loves skateboarding.

He stopped at his and Reki's meet up spot.

Ayaka—well, he isn't one to say if he isn't having a great time.

He peeked his head into Langa and Reki's class, but not seeing the latter anywhere. He frowned, and went back to his own classroom.

————

"Where's Reki?"

"Well hi to you too, nice for you to show up." Oka teased. Ayaka frowned, which made Oka sigh. "Said he needed some time off. I thought you two were in contact since you weren't here."

Ayaka shook his head.

Oka smiled. "He can be a little dramatic when stuff isn't going well. Just let him feel his feelings and he'll be back."

Ayaka looked down and let out a deep breath.

————

Ayaka looked at the rows of hair dye in front of him.