𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲?

Start from the beginning

Narrowing my eyebrows by what he had meant. I wasn't sure completely what he had meant but it was sweet. JJ was understanding and had a heart of gold. He always supported me no matter what and was someone that would always be there for me, he proved it more tonight. The one who would always be next to my side. Nonetheless, the one that had loved me to the fullest beyond the pact that our group had made. His presence had made my heart pound just thinking about him in that moment. Rethinking the feeling of being kissed by him was an out of the world experience that I would never forget. The way his blue eyes dazzled into mine. The dimples that had formed on his cheeks whenever he looked at me lovingly. "What do you mean by that?" I had asked him and pulled my head up to look at him in the eyes with a confused facial expression. "I had meant that later in life when we are ready to break the pact, I'll be here waiting for you. You're so independent right now and you have your life to focus on with college and what not. But when the time is right, I'll love you." He explained his own thoughts and feelings. "How long have you felt like this?" I asked him and formed a slight smile against my mouth as I had looked into his eyes, tilting my head. "Forever." He told me and laughed slightly in the moment. I shook my head with the smile on my face. "I love you J." I told him and kissed his cheek. "I like your idea." I had told him and leaned my head back down on his shoulder while looking out into the direction of the large window in my bedroom. The fireworks shooting up into the sky around eleven o'clock at night to celebrate the holiday that everyone had loved around the OuterBanks.

He nodded his head. "I love you too." He spoke again as I had closed my eyes with my hand on his chest while my leg had propped against his leg. In that moment, all my fears and worries had faded away within seconds. JJ had taken the pain away from the disagreement between Kiara and I, but I knew she would apologize for her own behavior once she gets tired of not being able to be around me for a couple of days. She was the most stubborn person that I had ever met but she was apart of my heart, she was my soul sister in any given moment and I would drop anything just to have her in my life.

Within seconds, my eyes started to fade into the darkness of the tiredness that formed in my eyes.

I had fallen into peace in his presence.

。・:*:・。・:*:・。・:*:・

July 5th, 2019
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

Awakening from the peaceful slumber that I had been apart of — I had stretched my arms and legs in the soft bed. Early in the morning, JJ had snuck out of my home to avoid being stuck here until morning since he had work later that day which meant he needed to shower and get ready. He kissed the top of my head and whispered that he would see me later before he slipped his shoes on and headed out of the home. The sunshine had shined brightly down into my room as it had been around ten am in the morning, which was late for me to sleep in but yesterday had been an eventful and somewhat awful at parts but it had not affected me longer than that day. The small argument with Kiara had been blown out of proportion and JJ had taken the pain away in that moment. Turning over in my bed, I rubbed my eyelid with my left hand while my right had grasped for my phone that sat on the bedside table. Text messages from Rafe, Sarah, JJ, Pope, and John B had flooded my phone during the early hours. Rafe had texted me last night while I had been with JJ, trying to apologize for earlier.

No message was left from Kiara.

Sighing, I knew that Kiara was extremely stubborn and I would let her be for the moment until she would come back around. She had done this before in our earlier years but despite the issue, I still loved her no matter what.

I scrolled through my phone, killing time from the day that I didn't have ahead of me. I wanted to stay inside all day and recuperate from the night before — thinking about all the things that I could have done better to help Rafe or speak to my own best friend. Nonetheless, would be killed later on if my father found out that JJ had stayed in the home up until five in the morning, sleeping in his daughter's bed. That would give my father a heart attack but as someone who also loved JJ, he would confront him too. I ran my fingers into my curled hair and yawned, stretching my body against the sheets below me. Hearing a knock form on my white door, my eyes flicked to the door in order to allow whoever it was inside. "Come in." I said as I yawned. Staring back at the door while my father had came into the room with his formal clothes on that he wore to work. "Good morning sweetheart." He said as he had glanced around my room, looking at the beer that sat on my nightstand and the dress of Kiara that had sat at the edge of my bed. He sat himself on the woven chest that sat nearest to the white door. "Hi dad." I formed a small grin onto my face as I had been covered underneath my sheets.