The Trails of Vasselheim

Start from the beginning

"You have our sympathies and our hospitality" Vord said, "but that is all"

"You won't help us?"

"You have weapons" Percy spoke up, "Ballistae. Armies. You have the strongest city on the world. Diplomacy demands that -"

"Let me correct you" Vord stopped Percy, "Vasselheim's most potent weapon is not its artillery, young man. It is out isolation. This city has stood for a millennia by keeping the affairs of Tal'Dorei outside."

"If you turn your back on this, more will die" Pike said, "Vasselheim could be next."

"When peril arrives here, our walls stand ready" Vord said, "But until then, this peril is yours alone. Now, good day"

Grog chuckled, "I think you mean 'bidet'" he corrected wrong, earning a groan from Vax

"Well, that's a new record" Scanlan said when they made it out of the building, "usually it takes us ten minutes to get kicked out of a palace. We're getting better"

Miel sighed and rolled her eyes at Scanlan and noticed Vax looking off into the distance. She walked behind him and tried to take a look over his shoulder.

"The Raven Queen?" she muttered in question, making Vax jump a bit

"You know that one too?"

"Yeah. She's the goddess of fate, winter and death. I've read somewhere that she hates resurrections. One should never mess around with death and revival when it comes to her"

"uh, charming..."

Miel was gonna question why he was looking at the Matreon of Raven's temple when Pike spoke up again,

"They saw the Chroma Conclave and they didn't even care" Pike said angerly. "I mean, they have a duty to justice"

Grog then suddenly opened the door to reveal the gnome that stood next to Vord inside, "Are you spying on us?"

"Yes. I mean, no. I mean, I heard what you said in there" he said, "and I know who you are. Listen, I serve the Highbearer, so I can't say much. But if you're slaying dragons, you need the Slayer's Take" Miel's eyes widened before her face turned to one of annoyance

"Interesting"

"Absolutely not"

Vex and Vax clearly already were not agreeing with each other and let our a growl to one another

"The Marshals are bound by politics. But there is someone at the Slayer's Take who can act independently. They'll want to hear from you. Ask to speak to their patron and please...forget you ever met me" he said and slammed the door shut.

"No problem cause we didn't even get your name" Miel rolled her eyes

"The Slayer's Take?" Percy questioned

Vax only rolled his eyes and let out a sigh as he pulled Miel along with him, "Don't ask"

"A group of hunters for hire" Vex explained as they followed Vax down the stairs, "Vasselheim used to be surrounded by legendary beasts until the Take cleared them out."

"Legendary beasts? Like dragons?" Keyleth asked

'Hunger' Miel jumped when she heard the voice

"Did you say something, Scan-man?" Grog asked

"What? No. Clean your ears, buddy" he replied. Miel looked back to Grog and her eyes locked on his blade's hilt.

"Never heard of any patron" Vex said, "but we're short on options."

"Options? Oh, didn't realize painful death was an option now" Vax replied