The Trails of Vasselheim

Start from the beginning

"That usually works" he muttered

"Of course, darling" Vex said as wrapped her arm around him, "I'm sure it happens to all the nobles." she teased

As they walked, they could all hear the clatter and talking from all around them. Keyleth and Grog greeted everyone that walked past them, basically showing off that they weren't from there. Pike then noticed how uneasy Miel looked.

"What's wrong, Miel?" she asked as Grog and Keyleth sped up a bit to walk at her sides

Miel sighed as Vax grabbed her hand, signaling to her that he noticed her uneasiness as well, "This is a holy place" she said but they didn't seem understand what she was saying and sighed again, "I'm a Warlock...in a holy place...." they still didn't seem to understand what she was getting at.

"Are you worrying about how Warlocks are known to be evil and unholy?" Vax asked with a bit of a smile

"Uh, duh!" she said. Finally, one of them said it

"Miel, you're not like other Warlocks" Keyleth said

"Yeah, you're nice and caring and sweet-"

"You might as well follow in Pike's footsteps" Grog said

Miel smiled at them but when she looked forward, it dropped.

"Yikes, lots of temples and no brothels" Scanlan mentioned as they got closer to their destination, "you're telling me people choose to live here?"

"It's a place for any type of faith here, mostly for the Prime Deities. Almost all of them are here" Miel explained, "look, there's the goddess of wilderness and sea, The Wildmother. And over there is the god of storms and warfare, The Stormlord."

"You know a lot about other deities, huh, Miel" Keyleth said

"I like to know about other dieties....also you never know when one will be my patron" she said the last part quietly and then she noticed where they were headed and gasped out, "The Lawbearer, goddess of civilization and laws"

"Okay, stop that" Percy sighed, "The Dawn Marshals head each temple and decide what Vesselheim will or will not do. With my expertise in statecraft, I can negotiate terms that will-"

"All due respect!" Pike called and got off Grog's shoulder, "we saw your statecraft back at the gate. These are Priest, this is a temple" She said as they walked in, following her, "Who's standing right in front of you? Yeah, me, a holy person. I got this"

"She has a point, Percy" Miel said, "This is Pike's territory, we should let her do the talking"

The got to a door and the guards knocked on it and the doors opened to reveal five people behind a table discussing who-knows-what. When they saw the door open, they stopped talking to see who had entered.

"Pardon us" Pike started, "We've come seeking an audience"

"I am Highbearer Vord" the one in the middle started, "The Platinum Sanctuary will hear your business"

"Highbearer, I am Pike Trickfoot of the Everlight" she introduced herself, "A great evil has befallen Tal'Dorei. You see, dragons have-"

"The water reveals the truth" Vord interrupted Pike before turning toward the waterfall behind them. She placed her hand on it, "Grant us vision" she said and a bright light rippled off her hand as the events that happened in Tal'Dorei were then replayed to them.

"This evil must be met with holiness" Pike spoke when the vision ended, "Which is why we humbly ask all the mighty temples of Vasselheim to lend their aid"