I grabbed his leg yanking it so he'd lose balance and got up, instead he kicked my legs making me fall right back on the ground.

I tried my hardest to crawl away and get the upper hand but he was practically sitting on top of me beating me senseless. 

There were times in the past when I thought I would die on a mission and this was starting to feel like one of them.

"Y/n come on fight back I'm on my way," Steve's panicked voice said in my ear.

He wasn't watching anymore, instead, he was running towards the location he had given the agent but he could still hear every scream, every groan, every hit and every punch, the sound of it causing a sick feeling.

I felt around the floor for anything and grabbed the box the flash drive was in slamming it against his head.

He held his hand over his head and I shoved him off me. Running down the stairs.

I could hear him running after me and I somehow made my way into the kitchen. 

I looked around frantically for anything that could help me. My eyes landed on a large knife on the counter, and I grabbed it, holding it tightly in my hand.

Alec burst into the kitchen, his face twisted in anger "You think you can run from me?" he spat, taking a step towards me.

I held the knife up, ready to defend myself. "Stay back," I warned, my voice shaking.

Alec laughed, but it was a cold, menacing sound. "You're not going to use that," he said, taking another step towards me.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves. "I will if I have to," I said, trying to sound more confident than I felt.

Alec was a strong man and I was highly skilled but my vision was blurry and my body was aching from the repeated hits giving him an advantage.

Alec lunged at me, and I swung the knife, feeling it connect with his arm. He screamed in pain, and I took the opportunity to run past him.

Unfortunately, he managed to grab me by my waist and push me back onto the floor. 

Tears were gathering in my eyes, I had never felt this defenceless before. 

He grabbed the gun that he had upstairs and towered over my body "You useless slut" he said but before he had a chance to use the weapon he was pulled to the ground by none other than Captain America himself. 

They fought on the ground for a while before the sound of a gunshot rang through the room. 

I gasped as I watched Alec fall back on the floor, a bullet wound to the chest.

Steve rushed to my side, pulling me into his arms. I was battered and bruised, my clothes torn, and my face swollen. Steve felt a surge of anger and sadness wash over him as he looked at me.

"Hey, hey, it's okay you're safe now," he said, cradling me in his arms. He slipped his jacket off placing it over my shoulders.

I looked up at him, tears streaming down my face "I was so scared," I whispered admitting weakness for the first time.

Steve shook his head, wiping away my tears "You did everything you could and you're safe now," he said, holding me tightly.

He looked down at my face and I looked back up at him, our eyes locked in and staring at nothing but each other.

Without thinking, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine, pouring all of his pent-up emotions into the kiss. His lips were warm and soft against mine, and I responded with equal intensity, his arms tightening around me.

As we pulled away, breathless, I looked at him with a mix of surprise and desire in my eyes. "I didn't expect that," I said, a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips.

He blushed, feeling self-conscious. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have"

"No, it's okay," I interrupted, leaning in to kiss him again. "I've wanted to do that for a long time" and with that, we fell into a passionate embrace, lost in each other's arms.

☆☆☆

when I said slow burn i meant it 😮‍💨