trials of the dark forest

Start from the beginning

It was the cutest eyes they ever did seen, even much cuter then them.

Puss and kitty stared at her eyes, "Cuteness overload!" Dog exclaimed.

Suddenly, he fainted. Sprawled on the ground and groaning with exhaustion, Kitty and Puss finally relented, getting back to business.

"That's not even close" kitty denied.

But wolf smirked and said "then why did you give her the map?"

"Huh?" They looked down to see the map was in princess hands.

"Hey?" Kitty tries to get the map back but princess already handed back to wolf.

"Thank you princess" wolf rubs her cheeks and she purred having puss and kitty puzzled.

"Wait wait wait...how did she do that?"

"She has this thing called cutism" wolf says.

"Cutism? What's that?" Puss asked.

"It's when she hypnotic people with her cuteness"

"Aw that is no fair" kitty complained, "how do we get it"

"You don't, she was born with it" wolf says.

"Can we look at the map now?" Puss said.

As they unrolled the map, magical stardust swirled over its surface, inscribing a rhyme in glittering script:

"Follow this enchanted chart. It knows the path and knows your heart," Kitty read.

10 small avatars appeared on the map, clearly representing Puss, Kitty, Dog, the bad guys, princess and Diane at the edge of the forest.

"Is that us?"

As Puss pointed at the avatars, the map suddenly adjusted into a customized path.

And as they looked up, the forest around them adjusted, with rocks, trees, and topography creating a clear trail forward. FIOOSH! Flames suddenly ignited the borders of the trail.

Wolf holds on to princess as he felt her grabbing him.

The trio blinked, staring at the intimidating path.

"It says we must go through the Valley of Incineration, over Undertaker Ridge, through the Cave of Lost Souls"

"Sounds like you" wolf says.

"...Really?" read Puss.

"Let me take a look," Kitty said as she pushed Puss out of the way.

As she grabbed the map, enchanted dust rose from it and revealed a new path, once again customized to Kitty.

Around them, the forest shifted again, this time into a bog of simmering acid.

"What?" Kitty said incredulously. "Swamp of Infinite Sorrows. Mountains of misery, The Abyss of Eternal Loneliness?... There's something wrong with this map."

"I don't know" Diane says, "I think it best describes you"

"I guess there's a different terrible path for everyone," Puss shrugged.

"It's almost like the forest doesn't want anyone to make a wish," said Kitty.

"I don't even have a wish, but can I try?" Dog asked.

He stepped up to the map and stars filled his eyes.

Then the map shimmered, and the forest switched once again, revealing a bright and new path.

"Ooh! Mine says we skip through the Pocket Full O'Posies," said Dog.

"Huh?"

"What"