Chapter 36 - The Robbery

Start from the beginning

"You alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine." He muttered. She didn't believe him but he didn't look like he was in the mood to talk.

      She handed the map back to him after they scanned it and he took it back before standing to leave. But her hand held his shoulder to stop him. "If you want to talk about it-"

"I know." He dismissed her. She watched him leave, knowing there was something wrong.

      Training the next day was a bit different than the first. While he still wanted (Y/N) to learn how to escape predicaments he also made Dog, who finally joined this time, act as an Elitist and try to capture her.

      Because of how fast Dog was, it was almost impossible to try to avoid him. She only managed to escape him one time by doing the same thing she did with Yama and controlling Dog's blood to force him to stop. Which was also difficult in itself due to his speed.

      Seeing her get so excited about actually passing one of his tests made him want to feel glad too. But he didn't allow himself to.

      When she would try to hug him, fist bump him, or just try to stand next to him, he would always find an excuse to move away. Calling random breaks or saying the Head Keeper needed him just to get away from her being a few examples.

       He didn't allow himself to feel bad about it. Or to see the confused and hurt looks she would give him.

       Even back at their cots, (Y/N) began to find herself sleeping alone most of the time. He's never more than a minute at his. Retrieving something from his belongings before going off just to put some distance between them.

       It's been like this over the course of a couple of days. The only time they were ever together was during training, and those became less exciting for her and dreadful for him. It was starting to become awkward talking to each other which has never happened before. She wasn't running his ear off whenever she felt social enough and he was keeping his words shorter than normal. Most of the time now, (Y/N) was somewhere with (O/N)'s daughter and nephew or sitting in the shadows with Dog talking about whatever it is they talk about.

       He would give the spider demon the occasional glares to make sure he was being careful with what he says to her. She was already on this suicidal revenge mission that he feels incapable of stopping, the last thing he needed was for her to get more crazy ideas.

      When the scouting trips to track down the island started, Yama happened to be the first to offer himself up to help. He thought it would be a way to get away from his feelings for some time but...

       The Chief's daughter was tagging along.

       And she vouched for (Y/N) to come along too.

       Now Yama was sitting in the back of a truck with the source of his problems next to him as she and (O/N)'s daughter chatted. 

       He glared out the window. This had to have been on purpose. The way (O/N)'s daughter always gave him mean looks, she must've vouched for (Y/N) on purpose and put them in the same truck. Makes him wonder if his partner talks about him to her little human friend.

       The trucks stopped and B left to go check what was wrong. (Y/N) climbed up to peak out of the roof of the truck for why they stopped and noticed it was another blocked-up street. This was the fifth time they've had to reroute today.

       She sat back down and patiently waited for B to come back. But her eyes made their way over to her partner sitting next to her.