Dinner

The last bell of the day rang, and Eddie shot up, immediately reaching for me. I giggled as he yanked me up and pulled me close to him, walking me out of the classroom. He sauntered down the hallway, draped over me and his touch possessive. I leaned into him, kissing his neck.

"I don't think I'll get used to the way people watch us," he said absentmindedly. I looked around – we were still the focus of gossip and everyone's attention. Eddie still got a kick out of the fact he thought other guys were jealous of him. I had worked on tempering my jealousy of how girls now looked at Eddie.

He kissed my temple, pulling me out of my thoughts. I smiled up at him, and I noticed he looked nervous.

"You okay?" I asked as we got out to the parking lot. He cleared his throat.

"Just getting anxious about meeting Grandma Daisy," he answered. I smiled wider.

"Thank you for doing this," I said. His face broke into a smile.

"Anything for you, princess," he replied before kissing my forehead. He helped me into his van, and we started to his trailer. Eddie's hand was laced with mine, and it was clammy. I knew he was getting more nervous.

We got to Eddie's home, and I wrapped my arms around him as we walked in, trying to make him feel better. He pulled me closer, peppering my face with kisses. We stumbled to his room, giggling as we tripped over each other but refusing to let each other go. We fell onto his bed, our goofy touching quickly moving to hungrily grasping at each other.

Eddie rolled on top of me, leaving love bites down my neck and moving his hands up my shirt. I was absolutely consumed by him – when he was like this, he was unrecognizable as my nervous, sweet boyfriend. He was confident and bold, and he left me foggy at his touch.

"You n-need to get r-ready," I croaked as he kissed the shell of my ear. He chuckled in my ear, and I was putty again.

"You want me to stop, princess?" he teased, coming back to my lips and kissing me softly. I lost all resolve and threw my arms around his neck, pulling him back to kiss me.

---

Margot kissed me once more and I helped her up, grinning as she smoothed her skirt out. I kissed her forehead and she smiled sweetly at me.

"We're going to be late to dinner," she said quietly. I winked at her.

"I'll drive fast. Help me figure out what I'm going to wear," I replied as I took her hand and leading her to my closet. I leaned against the door frame as I watched her in the small room. She was looking at all my clothes, running her hands against the different options.

"I can't believe you own clothes that aren't band t-shirts or flannels," she teased, looking over at me. I grinned at her and shrugged.

"Got to keep up my reputation – only you get any other version of me," I replied. She smiled brightly and picked a button up and slacks for me. I took them from her, grinning wickedly as I started changing in front of her. She flushed but helped me button the white shirt up, giggling whenever I would catch her off guard with a kiss. I tucked the shirt into my pants and held my hands up, asking for her opinion.

"So handsome," she gushed, pressing her hands to my chest. I kissed her softly. She pulled back, looking bashful. "Do you have a belt?"

I laughed and shook my head.

"Sorry, princess – I am who I am at my core."

She smiled and kissed me again. She smoothed my shirt out and fixed my collar, her smile growing.

"I can't get over how handsome you look," she repeated. I took her hands and winked.

"If you keep buttering me up, we're going to be even later," I teased. She flushed and nodded.