A Real Couple

I was trying to focus through Eddie's touch, but every time I pulled away, he would wrap his hand around the back of my neck and pull me back to his lips. He had managed to convince the younger boys to ride back with Gareth and Jeff, and I now understood why he had been so insistent on it. We were parked outside of my house, Eddie delaying me going back inside.

"Eddie," I gasped as he moved down my neck.

I was getting dizzy as he wrapped an arm around my back and pressed me closer to him, fixating a spot on my neck. I wrapped my hands in his hair and tugged him out of my neck. He tried to press his lips to mine, and I clapped my hand over his mouth, trying to catch my breath. He tried to wiggle his face out of my grasp, but I pressed my forehead to his.

"Let me catch a breath," I insisted, letting out a shuddering breath. I felt him smile into my palm, and his eyes crinkled. I moved my hand from his mouth and his laced his fingers in my hair, stroking it softly. "You're in a mood."

He shrugged and kissed me quickly.

"Sorry, princess. Just can't stop thinking about you in that dress. And how I'll get you out of it," he teased as he tugged on my hair. I felt my face flush and he kissed me. I grinned at him as I brushed his hair out of his face.

"Thanks for making me go today," I said quietly. His smile was sweet as he nodded at me. "I had a lot of fun."

After I had gotten my dress (following a long explanation to Dustin that while I was so grateful he picked such a pretty dress out for me, I had just liked a different one better), we followed the boys around the mall, watching them play arcade games or taking them to get pretzels. We'd even managed to stop at the suit shop and pick up Eddie's tie for the dance to match me. Eddie had gotten touchier after the fitting room, making me flush with a hand on my waist, or a possessive arm around me. I didn't mind.

"I'm glad," Eddie replied, kissing my jaw softly. I felt my heart skip and tried to quell it. We stayed wrapped up in one another, each of us just smiling at each other and touching each other's faces and hair. I kissed Eddie's cheek softly.

"I should probably get going," I sighed. I didn't want to go, but I knew that I should. His face fell, but he nodded, helping me out of Shelob. He handed me my dress, making sure it was still secure in the bag they had given me.

He took my hand as he walked me to my front door, each of us quiet and content with each other. We stopped on my stoop, and Eddie wrapped a hand around the back of my neck. He scratched the back of my head, beaming at me as he watched me. I set a hand on his chest.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked quietly. His smile grew.

"I just can't believe you're mine," he replied, just as quietly. I leaned into him, melting at his words. He wrapped his other arm around my waist and traced my jaw with his thumb of the hand around my neck. "Pick you up tomorrow?"

I nodded, unable to form words. He pressed his lips to mine, kissing me deeply. I gripped onto his shirt, trying to pull us together as close as possible. He pulled back and kissed my forehead softly.

"I'll see you tomorrow, princess," he whispered. I smiled, still marble-mouthed from his touch and nodded. He winked and kissed me one more time before dropping me and heading to Shelob. He turned on his heel and shot me finger guns, making me laugh. I waved as he drove away and opened the door, giddy at just the thought of Eddie.

"Hey, Margie!" my mom called out from the living room. I walked to her, still grinning. My mom was curled up on the couch with my dad, each of them reading. My dad smiled at me as he pulled his glasses off, his arm wrapped around my mom.