Chapter 3

Cookies, Spells and Tourney

Kitchens 10.30 PM

It was around 10.30 PM and I was headed down to the kitchen to get a snack when I saw exactly who I was looking for earlier.

"There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?" I asked walking over seeing the girls mixing something while Carlos and Jay sat on a counter to the side.

"Nothing special. Just cookies. Oh, no, no!" Mal exclaimed as I dipped my finger into the mix licking it off my finger.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Carlos also exclaimed jumping off the counter.
"What? I'm not gonna double dip." I told them glancing at Jay who had a concerned look on his face.

"Feel anything?" Evie questioned me.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal asked as Jay walked over leaning on a pole.

"Hey, there." He said with that cute smirk on his face, which I smiled at before speaking up again.

"It could use some chips." I told them walking towards the refrigerator to get them out.

"Chips?" Jay asked looking as confused as anything.

"And those are..." Mal said trailing off while mixing the bowl again.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group. Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and... why are you all looking at me like that?" I asked as my smile dropped when I looked at their dejected faces.

"It's just different where we're from." Mal said avoiding eye contact with me.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids. Oh... How awful." I said grabbing Jay's hand as a single tear slipped out my eye which was caught by Mal.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal said shoving me out the door.

"Good night." I told them looking at the door weirdly before returning to my dorm room where I saw Allison up restringing her bow.

"Hey. You ok?" She asked me as I looked up at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about something." I tell her as I turn off the lights before we both get into bed.

As I lay there awake I can't help but think about how the VK's were treated back on the isle. After awhile my mind drifted to the look on Jay's face when I was talking about how parents should love their kids. It broke my heart. I then turned onto my side and eventually drifted off to sleep with the son of Jafar plaguing my mind.

The next morning School corridor

(Outfit at top)

The next morning I was walking down the corridor with Ben, Audrey, Isaac and Lydia before the Tourney match started when we saw some girls with new hairstyles talking to Mal. 

"Do you think they actually paid for those?" Audrey complained again which made me Isaac and Lydia to roll our eyes at her.

My eyes then caught sight of Jay leaning down to speak to the girls which made me feel a pang in my stomach.

"She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it." Audrey told us before I piped up.

"Audrey no one cares." I said which earned me a glare.

"What's the harm?" Lydia asked not really seeing the problem that Audrey had with it.

"It's gateway magic, Lydia! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know it's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?" She questioned as me, Lydia and Isaac walked away not wanting to deal with her drama today.

"Hey I gotta go get into my cheer uniform for tourney so I'll see you guys there." Lydia told us starting to walk away before Isaac interrupted her.

"I'll go with you Lyds. See you on the field Alexis." Isaac said before they walk away.

I close my locker door and see Mal call out to ben.