𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒.

Start from the beginning

"Nah, I already got two bodyguards, why I need four?" She whined as she walked past them, the four of them falling into step behind her.

"'cause bro," Arion sighed, "school is mad boring—at least if everyone here wimme, I'll be entertained. All you wanna do is schoolwork."

"Bro, you ain't have to follow me into the library yesterday, yo' ass was snoring on the table next to me, I could barely think." Khadijah retorted.

"Fuck up, Jah, 'fore I really do something to you," Arion scowled at her attitude before he took a breath, calming himself, "on a serious note, we deadass worried about you though, like that Jeezy kid stays watching you all the time—it's crazy."

"We? Or just you?" Khadijah rose an eyebrow, stopping suddenly in her tracks, making Arion almost bump into her ass.

"Nah, he's speaking the truth," Kevin interjected, one wired earbud in as he talked, "as soon as he sees you alone, he's gonna try something, and it's gonna be a wrap for him." Kevin shrugged nonchalantly.

"Wait—who this Jeezy kid and why they bothering my wife?" Cblu chimed in, looking between the three of them in confusion.

"It's some kid at our school—" hell, Khadijah didn't even know Cblu and Setty went to her school—these boys needed to start going to classes. "He's been bothering me for a minute."

"Bothering you how?" Setty asked as they stood on the subway platform waiting for the train.

Khadijah pursed her lips, unsure of what to say. It was bad enough Arion and Kevin witnessed it—she didn't want Setty and Cblu knowing about it too.

"Just know, he's bothering her and that's why I been staying at school more." Arion said, diverting the attention away from Khadijah, who let out a small sigh of relief. "Jah don't even being doing nothing to people forreal, she shouldn't have to deal with that type of shit."

"Yeah, we known Jah from the sandbox, basically." Kevin added. "She used to come over to my house with her mom and shit, niggas would be fighting, and her ass would be in the corner just sitting."

"I ain't know what to do!" Khadijah exclaimed, jumping to defend herself. "Like every time I came over, you niggas were doing some next shit making Tía mad, I didn't wanna get in trouble." She whined towards the end, making the guys laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Kevin waved her off just as the train rolled in. It was the same shit before—packed as fuck. They squeezed into the train, taking up the middle with the guys standing, grabbing the bars. Khadijah didn't even blink as Arion grabbed her, pressing her securely to his side whilst his other hand held the safety bar, she just rolled her eyes, unlocking her phone and checking the time.

"Oh c'mon, mama, I could've been your support like that," Cblu complained once he caught sight of them.

"Blu, yo' ass is shorter than her," Arion stated, squinting his eyes at the delusional ass nigga in front of him.

"Yeah but my d—" Cblu started to say before Khadijah cut him off.

"Aight, aight—don't even finish that sentence." She mumbled, head leaning against Arion's arm.

"How tall are you anyways?" Cblu asked Khadijah.

"Like... five-six? Maybe five-seven?"

"Yeah, I like taller bitches," Cblu nodded, making Khadijah burst out laughing at the smug face he was making. She was only like two inches taller than him in actuality—making the whole situation a lot funnier than it was. This time when James boarded the train—she didn't even notice him but he, for damn sure, noticed her.