adam, the madator of love

"And what if I will not take it back?"

Ayaka frowned, and slowly stepped away from Adam to Miya's side.

"Then you leave me no choice." Reki slammed him foot down on his skateboard, making it go up and catching it, placing it in front of him.

"I'll make you!"

"Yes! A challenger!"

"Oh no way?"

"Can it be that we'll actually see Adam skating?"

"We're 'bout to witness a legend, bro!"

"Tear the poser up, Adam!"

Ayaka looked at Adam again. Adam, huh?

"Look who's here. Finally." Joe said

"This is what I need." Cherry stated. "To end my seven-year grudge at last."

"If I win this match, you apologize to Miya." Reki demanded, no hint of worry in his voice.

"I don't need your pity, slime!" Miya protested, his eyes hidden behind his bangs. "I'm not afraid of starting over. It's fine. Rules are rules and I can handle it."

"It's not about pity." Reki said. "It's about being done with jerks like him treating others like total crap." Reki cleared for him. "Hey! I know you can hear me! I can still see your ears sticking out from that mask."

"Reki." Ayaka warned. "What are you doing?" he whispered.

"I wonder. If we can see our emotions, what shapes would they take for the moods we're in?" Adam questioned.

"Huh?" Reki said.

"I imagine mine would be a spring." he said, and immediately got next to Ayaka, making Reki and Miya back away so he could circle around the teenager. "Picture it. The amount of flowing water would reflect what I'm feeling." Adam said, twirling around in the air and on top of his board again.

"I'm not here for a poetry reading. I wa-"

Adam put up his fist, it almost connecting with Reki's face. "If we were to look right now, my spring would be a desert. Because that's the amount of interest I have in humoring mediocrity." he said, waving his finger in front of Reki's face.

"However," He started circling his skateboard around Ayaka. "You. Your talent. It drips from you. I've become a river. You've created a deluge of intrigue. Oh."

He gently lifted Ayaka's chin with his finger, tilting his head to meet his gaze. Ayaka furrowed his eyebrows in response.

"A flow of information had burst open my dam, so I've chosen my prize." Adam said. Ayaka looked at him, wanted to get out of the other's grip. "I want to skate with you next. How's that sound?"

I can't refuse now.

"I can't wait." Ayaka muttered

"What!? Ayaka!" Reki shouted.

"Excellent." Adam said as he pulled away from Ayaka, turning around to Reki. "We've got a deal."

————

Ayaka shut the door behind him as he stood in front of Reki, turning around to face him. "Why'd you take me out of class?"

"I just don't get it. Why are you like this?" Reki asked.

Ayaka raised an eyebrow. "Like what?"

"You say yes to everyone who challenges you!"

"Really? Why do you challenge anyone who upsets you?"