Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"I must admit, I'm a bit nervous." I confided with Ominis, placing a plate of food in front of him.

Ominis looked torn, "I am too. What time is it? Surely it's been more than 10 minutes."

I looked at my watch and nodded, "it's been an hour. Where is he?"

I turned back to the stove, looking at the extra empty plate I had reserved for Sebastian. Did he get caught? Was he being followed? What if his sentence is harsher than before?

"Sit down," Ominis said, breaking my thoughts. "I can hear your teeth grinding over there and it's making me anxious."

I grabbed my plate and pulled up a chair. As soon as I was about to sit down, the door knocked rather abruptly.

I bolted up and ran to the door. I opened the door slightly open to see Sebastian there holding a couple bags. 

When he saw me, he grinned. "There you are. Sorry I was late!" He nodded towards the bags he was carrying. "I felt it would have been rude empty handed. I bought some Bertie Botts and sweets."

It's as if someone lifted a heavy boulder off of my chest. He still looked a bit dirty and exhausted, but he's unharmed. I opened the door widely, letting him in and taking his bags. As soon as the door closed, I couldn't contain myself. I dropped the bags and rushed towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my face against his chest.

"Merlin!" Sebastian laughed in surprise, his arms lifting up to steady himself from my impact.

I ignored him, tears springing from my eyes. Ugh, he's here! I'm touching him, he's with us, he's safe. I felt his arms around my shoulder and his chin on top of my head.

"If I didn't know any better," he murmured against my head, "I'd say you missed me."

I chuckled, shaking my head before pulling away from his warmth. I turned around to see Ominis standing by the table, looking unsure yet relieved. I know that he was worried about his friend. He kept busying himself by touring around the small house again before Sebastian's arrival.

After a few seconds of silence, he cleared his throat and placed his hands on his hips and said, "About time. We were about to eat without you."

Sebastian walked over to him and sighed, "Aww, I'm flattered you waited this long, Ominis."

If this is their way of bonding then I'll leave them to it. I quickly filled up Sebastian's plate and placed it on the table. "Here, please sit Sebastian. Have something to eat."

He sat down, inhaling the food and closing his eyes. "Mmm, this smells amazing."

He cut a piece of chicken with his fork and dug in. He's not shoving his face with a fistful of food like I know he wants to, but I can tell how hungry he was.

"There's plenty more of that if you want." I told him, feeling a bit more relaxed now that he's with us.

Sebastian made a sound of appreciation, "I might have to." He was the first to finish his plate.

"You devoured that in like 10 seconds!" I said, rather impressed.

"Well, this was a whole lot better than the stale moldy bread given to us by Azkaban's finest chefs." Sebastian shrugged, taking a sip of his water.

"I'm sorry." I said, feeling like an idiot and guilty at the same time. "One of my classmates went to visit her aunt in Azkaban earlier in the year and she told me it was a horrible place."

"Horrible is putting it lightly." Sebastian said, "so I'm thankful to be here."

"How did you get here, anyway?" Ominis asked curiously.