Season 3 Chapter 14 : Our Brawl

Start from the beginning

Rex and Midoriya remained silent as they both became a little bit more nervous.

Bakugo : I asked All Might about it. But he wouldn't answer me. That's why I'm asking you and the Machine Bastard. *to Rex* You flinched when I said Deku got his power from All Might. So you know about it too, huh? You're not saying anything, either.

Rex and Midoriya remained silent as they had no idea what to say to Bakugo.

Bakugo : Since you're not denying it, it must be true. Damn it...

Midoriya : *nervous* What're you going to do with the answer?

Bakugo : You and I both wanted to be like All Might. Right... That's how it was... Someone I'd always thought was just a pebble was acknowledged by the person I admire without realizing it... He even acknowledged someone who I fought and won against before. That's why... Let's fight. Right here, right now.

Midoriya : Huh?! Wait, why does it have to end up like that?

Rex then remained silent while looking down at the ground as his eyes weren't visible to Bakugo. Rex then looks up at Bakugo with an irritated and angry expression as he accepts Bakugo's challenge.

Rex : All right, explosion boy. Bring it on.

Midoriya : Rex, why are you escalating it?! No, this is bad... We're not even supposed to be here. If we're going to fight, at least do it during free practice or something... We should reserve a training room and do it there! There's no reason it has to be now, is there?

Bakugo : If we fight seriously, we'll be stopped. What part of you made All Might do what he did? Let me see for myself. If the way you admired him was correct, then does that mean my admiration was wrong?

Midoriya : Kacchan...

Rex : This is actually a good opportunity for us. It's a good way to let out some steam.

Midoriya : Rex...

Rex : What I wanna know is what does this have to do with me? I'm down with fighting you both to let off some steam, but what does admiration from All Might have to do with me?

Bakugo : Are you an idiot? Haven't you noticed? All Might's been hanging around you a lot more than usual. I noticed during our ultimate move training. Every chance he got he would go over to you and try to give you pointers out of everyone in the class. I thought it was because of what happened between you and the boss villain, but that's not it, is it?

Rex then thinks back to the ultimate move training and realizes what Bakugo said was true. Every time Rex had hit a roadblock, All Might would come over to him and try to help him lift his mental block.

Rex : You might be right, but that doesn't matter right now. All Might wasn't the reason why I wanted to be a hero. I'm gonna fight both you and Midoriya to get rid of the frustration that I've had for a while now. You know what I'm talking about, right, Bakugo?

Bakugo : Yeah. I'll kill you.

Rex and Bakugo then start to stretch and prepare to begin their fight while Midoriya couldn't believe that the two were actually going through with it.

Midoriya : A-Are you really planning on fighting?

Bakugo : If you don't wanna get hurt, get ready. Oh yeah, you switched to mainly using kicks, right?

Rex : You better use those pointers I gave you to good use.

Midoriya : I said, wait! We can't do this!

Bakugo doesn't listen to Midoriya's warnings and boosts himself towards Midoriya and Rex with his explosion. Bakugo then brings his right arm back and swings it at the two while also releasing an explosion.