Sly as a... Gormotti?

Start from the beginning

Akhos shook his head. "Relax, I'm not the target of his aggression. It's usually furniture." He adjusted the red frames on his face and pulled out his wallet. "Look, just... give me the biggest table you've got."

...

"Mmmm..." Nia moaned as she stretched upwards, before flopping down into the table. "Nice to sleep in a real bed for once."

"Tell me about it. Familiar territory is nice and all, but the inn is the best part." Rex said, sipping from a coffee mug.

"Tora slept like rock! Caught many Z's." The Nopon announced.

"Masterpon got approximately 3 more hours of sleep then usual. New personal best." Poppi stated manner-of-factly. Iona sat down beside the robot girl, quietly admiring the flower on Poppi's cape.

Rex took one last drag from his coffee mug before setting the payment down on the table. "Okay. So! There's a boat headed to Mor Ardain around 4 in the afternoon tomorrow, so we have plenty of time to spend here until we need to go. We do need to sign up well in advance, though, so we should do that now."

"So we could just get it outta the way? Sure, no complaints." Nia said, idly fiddling with her empty tea cup. "Maybe if we're lucky we'll get some good seats!"

"Yeah. The flight deck is up top, so we only have a couple flights of stairs to travel." Rex said. "C'mon. Better hurry if we want those good seats!"

...

The soldier yawned, staring out onto the vast sea of clouds from his position on the starboard deck. The Titan ship transporting Core Crystals sailed smoothly along the rolling clouds, and the soldier constantly almost found himself falling asleep.

"Nothing happens..." he muttered to himself in annoyance at the lack of anything he could find interesting. "Though I guess that's what I want..." his comms turned on and he listened to a fellow soldier grunt before the random signal turned off. "Weird... maybe he turned it on by accident..." he thought, before the ships alarms burst to life, and a loud siren sounded.

"Shit." The soldier ran into the ship, racing down the halls towards the command center. He heard a yell, then a sickening slash, and he followed the sounds towards the sickbay. He turned around the corner to find a fellow guard propped up against the wall, dead. "T-T-Titan's tits!" He yelped as he turned and ran to the command centre.

He ran around the turn, and burst in the command centre to find more dead soldiers. The soldier gagged, and pulled his helmet off to barf. He pulled the tight helmet off, letting his brown hair out, and retched at the smell and sight of his comrades blood and guts across the floor. The captain was pinned to the wall by the bayonet of his gun, stabbed into his shoulder.

"Who...?" The soldier muttered before he stopped and picked up his gun, running towards the Core Crystal supply. He heard another yelp and a thud, nearby the Core Crystal storage. He slowed his running to a walk, trying not to make too much sound. Another dead guard was curled up in a corner, and he heard fighting closer in. He perked around the corner to see a man with long white hair fighting with the four Driver guards on the ship.

The man sliced downwards, knocking the Chroma Katana Driver back, before he disappeared, and flashed behind all three Drivers, right in front of their Healer. The Drivers turned in surprise before the man swung his nodachi down on the Bitball Driver, slicing his arm off and leaving him to bleed, yelling in agony. He disappeared again, and swung so swiftly that the Chroma Katana Driver didn't even notice his weapon was sliced in two before he dropped to the floor dead. The Greataxe and Megalance Drivers connected their Blades with the man, pushing him back slightly before he suddenly vanished again. The two men dropped to the ground dead, their Blade's Cores not far behind. The man walked over the Bitball Driver, still wreathing in pain as his Blade tried to heal him. When the Blade pounced, the man had thrown him down the hallway, and stabbed the Driver with his nodachi. The Blade reverted back into his Core Crystal right after he made impact with the wall. The man picked up the three Cores, before he cleaved the door in two and entered the Core Crystal storage.