Minor Inconvenience

Nia's eyes slowly opened to the bright blue sky. She felt a lot better now that she was out of the Titan ship, and Torigoth as a whole. She sat up and stretched as Dromarch wished her a good morning as he stood up as well. She looked around to see Rex start a fire with his bare hands, accidentally using too much power and setting a bush ablaze. Dromarch hurried to help the panicking boy fix his mistake. Tora and Poppi were a little ways off dancing around. Judging from Poppi constantly watching her Driver before trying to mimic his movements, Nia assumed Tora was teaching her a dance.

Her ears twitched at a loud whistle from Rex, sitting beside his, now contained, fire. Dromarch sat nearby. She sat down with Dromarch, and Tora and Poppi came by quickly. "Right." Rex said. "I hoped that we could talk and figure out what we do from here on."

"After all, we can't stay on the Gormott Titan forever." Gramps said. "We need to get to the World Tree, and while I would be happy to deliver you guys there myself... I cannot."

"So, then we'll need a boat?" Nia asked. "Well there are plenty in Torigo... oh... right. Forgot that it isn't very safe for us to be there anymore."

"Meh... Tora's beautiful house..." the Nopon muttered. "Tora homeless now!"

"Welcome to the club." Rex said. "But that's beside the point. If we can't get a boat from Torigoth, where can we get one?"

"Most of the small towns around here aren't big enough for a port. Most of 'em aren't even on the Cloud Sea." Nia said. "Even if there was somewhere else we could get one, we can't just waltz on into a tribe's territory. It's as good as a permanent bad omen."

"Ooh! Ooh! Tora have stroke of genius! Tora have unclepon named Umon, runs shipyard at bum-bum of Titan! Tora not see unclepon in while, but he be happy to help!"

"Well that's lucky." Rex said. "Let's go see him. He may be our only ticket out of here."

"Right. So let's go see Tora's uncle." Nia said. They took down their campsite and prepared to move.

"Meh... Rex-Rex should see Umon's boats! Some of the finest Tora ever see! Meh... for normal people at least. Tora not so sure about military ships like Mor Ardain."

"Can't wait!" Rex said. "Let's go, then!"

Tora led them to where he claimed Umon's shipyard was. It took them through Gogol territory, but they could eventually make out Umon's shipyard in the distance. "That it, Tora?" Nia asked, looking at the rather shanty looking building.

"Meh heh! Yes-yes, Umon live there. Build great ships for man and Nopon alike!" Tora exclaimed with pride. "He used to help Grampypon Soosoo and Dadapon Tatazo with their work too! Umon truly greatest unclepon!" Tora began to run to the building, Poppi not far behind. Rex and Nia exchanged a skeptical look before hurrying after the Nopon.

...

"Uuumon!? UNCLEPON UMON!? Where is Umon?" Tora muttered, looking around the little shipyard.

"Mehmeh... Who that? Who is noisy while I do my work?" An older Nopon spoke from nearby. He popped out from behind a small workbench, and his eyes shined with recognition at the larger Nopon. "TORA! What nice surprise!"

"Hello unclepon! Been long time!"

"Yes... how many? About... 2 years, yes?"

"About. Tora happy to see unclepon still in good health!"

"Yes yes... Umon not go down easily! But, do have question... who that?" The elder Nopon pointed to the group of people behind Tora. "Are these... Tora's sidekicks?"

"Yes, Tora's sidek- wait. Mehmeh, noo Umon. These Tora's friends! Not sidekicks!"

"Friends? Ah, I see!" Umon did a small dance. "Yes, Tora have lots of friends! Tora grow into fine biggiepon indeed!" Tora gave a bashful chuckle. Umon stopped dancing, as his eyes landed on Poppi. "Meh... is this?"

Aegis EaterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara