16┃𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨

Beginne am Anfang

"Here," Deanna said, the two arriving at a closet just down the hallway, Grace stood in the doorway as Deanna stepped inside, it was a medium-sized closet, but had a bunch of clothes on racks and in boxes. "Here, try this on." Deanna said with a smile, holding out a short floral dress

"Thanks, I'll bring it back if it doesn't--"

"No, No, I couldn't make you walk all this way, here, use the bathroom, let me know if anything is wrong." Deanna smiled, directing Grace towards a door that was just a few feet away, Grace reluctantly agreed, thanking the woman before she took the dress out of her hand and made her way to the washroom,

As she stepped in, Grace quickly locked the door behind her before she slowly removed her clothing, which consisted of a pair of jeans paired with a black sweater.

The dress not fitting or something was surely not a probably, it slid on with ease, Grace wasn't even sure if it would stay on, for that matter. Even though she was in Alexandria, and had food at her disposal whenever she pleased, she rarely ate.

And even when she did, she just couldn't seem to put a pound on. Usually, it never bothered her. Her appearance was the least of her concerns, but sometimes she'd stare at herself in the mirror for long periods of time and she'd dissect every little thing wrong with herself.

It drove her insane, but she couldn't stop.

"Uh, Deanna?" Grace unlocked the door and peeked her head out, Deanna was just passing by with a few bowls in hand, "Ah! Grace, hows the dress?" Deanna turned around as she noticed the girl, "It's perfect. I was just.. I was wondering if you had any.. jewelry? Like.. bracelets?" Grace stammered, the world was over, who the hell would have jewelry?

"It's your lucky day." Deanna grinned, "Ill bring you my box, okay?"

"Thank you." Grace half-smiled, shutting the door as Deanna walked away, before she knew it Deanna had knocked on the door and handed Grace her jewelry box, inside there was a ray of necklaces and earings, but she only needed the bracelets.

Most were silver, and gold, but they didn't look real of any means. It didn't matter one bit to Grace though. She quickly took a hand full and slid them on each of her wrists, there was at least ten on her right wrist and about six on her left.

As she exaimed herself in the mirror, she hated herself, but she'd just have to manage. She quickly zipped her sweater back up, tossing her pants over her wrist as she unlocked the door.

She'd made her way back downstairs when she ran into Deanna, "Grace! How was the jewelry?" Deanna asked, placing down some utensils on one of the tables. "Perfect. Thank you, really. I promise I'll get it all back to you after tonight." Grace half-smiled the woman, "Oh, don't worry about that." She patted her on the shoulder.

━━━━━━━☆━━━━━━━

"YOU LOOK REALLY NICE, GRACE." Enid spoke, she'd spent the entire day buried in a comic book but just as Grace was about to leave, Enid decided to leave her room.

"Shut up." Grace glared at Enid as she sat on the couch, tying the laces on her Converse. "I'm serious. You look nice. What're all the bracelets for?" Enid's attention went to her wrists, and Grace froze.

"What can I say? I like jewelry." Grace tried to force a chuckle, but it was terrible.

"Since when." Enid scoffed, "Since forever." Grace scrambled, quickly tying her laces loose as she stood back up. Enid was right, Grace hated jewelry, but she needed something to go on her wrists. "I'm going." Grace said, looking back at Enid as she stood in front of the door,